theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 22-06-15, 02:45 PM   #1
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Bonnet grill mesh MK2

Anyone got the metal mesh that is at front of bonnet on a MK2
Or the whole front bonnet piece in XPG
Would even consider a MK1 if available.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-15, 04:12 PM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I have a MK1 Bonnet grill in Trophy Blue if you're stuck? Its just sat in my porch at the moment taking up space... You can have it for postage if you want.

If you get some XPG paint delivered to my door I'll even get Bex to spray it up before sending it so its the right colour lol (if you want it black I have some black paint )

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-15, 05:38 PM   #3
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Cheers for offer but can find plenty of MK1s front nose, will have a hunt round some local scrapers for a MK2 but if anyone does happen to have one then please PM me.

Bonnet cable snapped & only option was to cut the mesh to pop bonnet & fit new cable from a 45.
Old 22-06-15, 05:56 PM   #4
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Oooo yeah that happened to mine as well, but I found a way to do it without cutting the mesh luckily so put it all back together again afterwards and there is no damage

Old 22-06-15, 06:41 PM   #5
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Oooo yeah that happened to mine as well, but I found a way to do it without cutting the mesh luckily so put it all back together again afterwards and there is no damage
Smarty pants

Tip to all you guys, grease or lube the bonnet catches & cable
My cable had rusted right through.
Old 22-06-15, 06:49 PM   #6
ZS
IT Administrator

To be fair, its only because my grill had been fitted incorrectly so I could just pull the plastic off and then lift the metal mesh out! lol

All sorted now though.

still not learnt, I must start greasing the cables...

Old 22-06-15, 08:05 PM   #7
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
........(if you want it black I have some black paint )
That could be useful
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-15, 08:13 PM   #8
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
That could be useful
Ha! Its not PBT black... so depends how close you need it to FE54's paint (if that is your meaning?)... that being said there are a couple of paint places round the corner and I could probably be convinced to visit them to pick up a paint matched paint if required

Old 22-06-15, 09:07 PM   #9
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
I have a pair spare of the mesh for the grill, as I replaced it with a new finer mesh. You can have them if postage from ROI is ok for you.
Old 22-06-15, 10:05 PM   #10
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post
I have a pair spare of the mesh for the grill, as I replaced it with a new finer mesh. You can have them if postage from ROI is ok for you.

You have PM buddy..