theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-09-12, 04:24 PM   #11
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Get someone locals to come over and give you hand with it Mick the banter talking about the Zs will bring it back. I have felt the same about mines a few times but a wee local meet and a blether about the car gets me right back into it.
Hope you're feeling better by the way.
This may be what's needed.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 04:56 PM   #12
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
You've got three options.

1. let it rot.

2. sell it for pennies

3. sort it out and have some fun

Only one of these makes sense
MG ZS 180 Saloon Starlight Silver - 2003 Current

MG ZS TD Saloon XPower Grey 2004 Gone
MG ZS 180 Saloon Trophy Blue 2003 Gone
Rover BRM Gone
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 06:17 PM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I'll pop over and we can go for a spin in my ZS.

That will sort you out Mick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brick wall, silver car, hello officer.

Or have a mini meet and go up to the burger bar, top of Portsmouth.

Did a tunnel run in the tf, that was fun.

Not quite got the hang of the vid bit, with the camera yet. Bank holiday isnt the best time to be running with about 20 other f's and tf's, on the A27. Two tunnels, girly voice was cause I still had the sunglasses on and it went all black!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doh!!!!!!!!!!

Just click on to play.

Did a Southampton Uni open day with one of the grandsons and granddaughter, went into the Empress of Blandings on the way back. Do a fantastic lunch offer. £7.99 for 2 courses, we were going to have a pud, but we were all too stuffed. Have to have a meet there soon.

Always willing to hand the tools to you, but soooooooooooo much easier to get a garage to do it. Know its all about money, but its a pain now working on the cars, fun goes in direct relationship to your age!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-12, 06:38 PM   #14
MG 53 ZED

MG 53 ZED is on a distinguished road
Mini meet as Pete said sounds gud. I'm happy to give you a hand with the ZS (i dunno if i would be any help tho lol)
Old 05-09-12, 07:36 PM   #15
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG 53 ZED View Post
Mini meet as Pete said sounds gud. I'm happy to give you a hand with the ZS (i dunno if i would be any help tho lol)
Who said?
Old 05-09-12, 07:46 PM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I know what you mean Mick, that is why my Maestro is still sitting at my dad's and not outside my house.

A mini meet (with spanners) is a good idea, I'm sure between us we could get a gearbox sorted - is there anything else needing doing?

How about a Sunday morning meet, gearbox swap and then a run up to Hindhead and back?

James

P.S. Pete - didn't know you did the South Coast run - I would have been there if I wasn't in the middle of the bay of Bisque
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:08 PM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Who said?

Old 05-09-12, 08:10 PM   #18
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
P.S. Pete - didn't know you did the South Coast run - I would have been there if I wasn't in the middle of the bay of Bisque
Stonehenge and Avebury, this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-09-12, 08:20 PM   #19
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Oh my God ....

Was at work today thinking how I'd have loved a few of you guys around when I did the work on my bumper. Just to have a chat and an extra pair of hands. I'm actually waiting on Sam getting back in touch about his bumper as a replacement for mine so we could do that too .....

We have a "Do stuff" meet.

We nominate a car(s) that need some work and travel to it. Then on arrival, the host provides the coffee/tea/biscuits and together, we "do stuff".

I vote Stamford's ZS as the first "Do stuff" meet. Not handy with anything really, but I can follow orders and I'm free on Sunday .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:58 PM   #20
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Oh my God ....

Was at work today thinking how I'd have loved a few of you guys around when I did the work on my bumper. Just to have a chat and an extra pair of hands. I'm actually waiting on Sam getting back in touch about his bumper as a replacement for mine so we could do that too .....

We have a "Do stuff" meet.

We nominate a car(s) that need some work and travel to it. Then on arrival, the host provides the coffee/tea/biscuits and together, we "do stuff".

I vote Stamford's ZS as the first "Do stuff" meet. Not handy with anything really, but I can follow orders and I'm free on Sunday .....
Love it Dan a do stuff meet great idea much better than meeting and hanging around car parks.