theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 23-07-15, 02:44 PM   #21
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
That sucks, tbh it sounds like you've been hung out to dry, but as above if you won your job back in a tribunal, would you really want it.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-15, 03:19 PM   #22
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Really sorry to hear that Mick.hope you get somewhere with the legal side. Positive discrimination is reallly becoming a big problem in this country.I live with the threat of redundancy pretty much constantly and I know it's bloody stressful.but onwards and upwards I think you will find something pretty quickly.all the best mate.
Cheers. Getting a job with near the same money is the hard part, plenty of jobs but the pay is crap. Looks like contract work will be the option to keep things going when the time times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Mick, if you were to take them to tribunal and win, then keep your job etc, would you really still want to work for a company that tried to get you out once before already?
I would be seeking damages not wanting to keep my job as cannot trust them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
That sucks, tbh it sounds like you've been hung out to dry, but as above if you won your job back in a tribunal, would you really want it.
Not at all now, even if I stayed it would be delaying the inevitable and they look likely to fold. I have asked for voluntary to see if the offer would be improved rather than compulsory.
Old 23-07-15, 04:47 PM   #23
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Be careful with the voluntary redundancy, if you have mortgage payment protection they will want to see the redundancy letter, so it needs to state compulsory, and not voluntary.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-15, 05:03 PM   #24
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I've never taken out those policies as most have a 90 day duration before making a claim and I don't intend on being out of work for that long.
Old 23-07-15, 06:28 PM   #25
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
but you could end up with the choice, job back or compensation.!!

I've used the points system when our company was called to a tribunal by the only woman we had working for the company. We made her redundant, did everything right and she went for wrongful dismissal and sexual discrimination.

We got away with the sexual bit, due to my points chart!!! But the tribunal found in her favour as our Area Agent handled the dismissal procedure. The tribunal said it should have been a higher management bod who went to London and sorted it.

Been to a few tribunals and the employee is always on the winning side. Just whats awarded to them as compensation!!!!

Sorry to hear Mick, start looking and get all the time off to attend interviews, that you can.

Other thing to look for is the amount of a weeks pay, there used to be a cap so doesnt matter what you earn they can just pay the government weekly pay. Get the Contract of employment out and check everything.

Worth a read. https://www.gov.uk/staff-redundant/redundancy-pay

https://www.gov.uk/understanding-you...g-out-your-pay
Old 23-07-15, 07:09 PM   #26
stamford
Site Owner

Been through all the websites Pete. Yea capped at £475 per week, I'm trying to negotiate and better payoff.
Old 23-07-15, 07:41 PM   #27
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear this Mick but reading between the lines it sounds like you are better off going now if they are keeping on someone who has a condition that will only get worse.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-15, 09:07 PM   #28
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
They can give you what they like or can afford, the redundancy payout is all tax free. Any salary, holiday pay, will be taxable.

Dont know if they will pay anything into your pension fund.
Old 23-07-15, 11:18 PM   #29
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Sorry to hear this Mick, sounds like good advise from others regarding tribunals, go for it and make it work for you! No doubt you will get work soon off your own back but still stress you don't need in the meantime!
Old 24-07-15, 06:01 AM   #30
BRMFUN

BRMFUN is on a distinguished road
Sorry indeed!

Take it from me, but I can't say why you should!!!!!

Firstly, if the point system is objective then you can't argue against it...ie a point for every year of service, you can't have a point for say I like him better than her!
As for employee always winning in tribunal that is very wrong,
Firstly a tribunal is the only justice system in the world where the potential victim has to pay to have their case heard!
Secondly any employer with half a brain can get away with anything in this country employment law is heavily waited in favour of the employer and that is a fact!

Is voluntary redundancy even on offer?
MG ZTT 135
MGB GT 1973 original automatic
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote