theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 25-10-13, 08:31 PM   #11
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Take your mod bits off, try and get her back standard and flog it seems best to me.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13, 08:35 PM   #12
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb 180 View Post
Take your mod bits off, try and get her back standard and flog it seems best to me.
Probably the best route, at least the mods I can look to sell on once I've decided what may or may not be used again.
Better than the whole car after reading what others have said and that's exactly why I asked how much of a pain it really is to break one.
Old 25-10-13, 09:55 PM   #13
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
The breaking of it isnt such a pain, just time consuming. Expensive bits are worth something, but ebay sucks. Ive done two cars now, only because they were broken and I have a garage full of crap that nobody wants :-(
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13, 10:08 PM   #14
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobrainer View Post
The breaking of it isnt such a pain, just time consuming. Expensive bits are worth something, but ebay sucks. Ive done two cars now, only because they were broken and I have a garage full of crap that nobody wants :-(
Something to bear in mind too I suppose. All the excess bits that won't shift so easily that will then clog up space and get I'm the way. Still I will see, if the car sells as a complete then all well and good but if not then can consider the breaking route I guess.
Old 25-10-13, 10:20 PM   #15
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Glad my car doesnt have ears............................all these breakers...What we need is some stories of people who are keeping theirs, modifying, loving, enjoying............

I for one will only part from mine in one of two ways, either I go or petrol disappears....
Come on we are ZS lovers........................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13, 10:27 PM   #16
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
Glad my car doesnt have ears............................all these breakers...What we need is some stories of people who are keeping theirs, modifying, loving, enjoying............

I for one will only part from mine in one of two ways, either I go or petrol disappears....
Come on we are ZS lovers........................
As I said Gordon, I love the car and didn't want to part with it but when it gets to the point that for what it will need doing it far outweighs its value to me it's better for me to get rid of it and get something else as I have 2 children to think about in the equation too.
I have modified the car and loved doing it but I have got to the point where it's not worth doing now an I need the car to be reliable at all times as when out with a 5 & 1 year old you don't want it letting you down in the middle of nowhere do you. It probably wouldn't do that buy as both myself and my partner have now lost faith in her it's probably time to call it a day.
I'm not knocking the zs at all as I do really enjoy the car and will if I don't have one for my next car get another at some point as it has got under my skin.
It probably won't be broken but standardised and sold on.
Don't let the yellow one take it to heart