maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
Then there is the noise!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riEYv9tykKY

Rob
Old 31-10-13, 06:34 PM   #12
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbO8SnsWJJE

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 06:39 PM   #13
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtherotti View Post
Then there is the noise!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riEYv9tykKY

Rob
ooooo! nice!
Old 31-10-13, 06:43 PM   #14
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
13:1 cr, 2.0, 308 bhp,sweet

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 07:23 PM   #15
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=Mark S;324218]The car George did is up and running, and is very strong top end with around 165lb/ft torque at the wheels, this may well increase with further tuning.

It is about the only ZS (with std ratios) I know of, that can accelerate through 5th gear, G said 152mph top speed, not having seen it do 152, I can not confirm, but it is a different animal to a std ZS.

i can confirm the car does run just but not finished lots of little bits to do and has STILL not been mapped and is sitting on my drive
fingers crossed should be going up to track and road tomorrow to be finished off
(well quoted to be finished off)
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 07:44 PM   #16
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
crickey! bloody good mod, hmmm might start saving for some throttle bodies then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
That was a btcc throttle body and plenum, good luck with the search for one
I believe there was only 2 of these ever made, 1 is on Turks car in Ireland, and the other is on Steves.

The design is actually quite simple - easy to say after **** Bennetts spent a large sum of cash getting these proto-typed, but flow simulation, 3D printing and design, along with the carbon fibre work does not come cheap.

Even if you could replicate it, you would still need the short stubby injectors and custom fuel rail etc.

But you can take from it its design. Whilst the BTC version works well on a road car, it was likely designed to work on the 3rd harmonic wave 7-8.5k but works on the std ZS on the 4th harmonic with a slightly weaker pulse at 5.5-6k.
This is just a guess BTW, I have no evidence or put any science or maths into that.

If your interested in looking into a custom setup, I would ask around the cockshoot, I think there is some talk of intake there.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:10 AM   #17
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
the person who G got mine from was (on the forms) was called shorty in scotland i think he has a load of zs btcc stuff engine boxes and as far as im aware he had the double plenum one too but this was a few years ago

p.s dont forget you will need a new ecu as well so there 2.5k gone stright away
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (46.0 KB, 33 views)
tb steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 03:52 PM   #18
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
Back when I owned a ZS I spent a lot of time chatting with QED about there ITB development, at the time they has a pair of KV6 2 ltr engines on the test rig (dyno), in fact I managed to set-up a forum visit which was very interesting. They made 2 variants of the ITB one which was designed specifically to clear the bonnet but required a fair amount of engineering to move other components out of the way, also a hike if CR, solid lifters and improved cams.
Reasonable gains but the kit was for the kit car market rather than the ZS, couple of forum members looked very closely into the ITB's but the amount of work and money required was enormous.
There was a guy running a KV6 on ITB's from Scotland in a ZR but I understood reliability may have been an issue as he was making close to 300bhp but it proves it can be done.
George used a carbon airbox with a single throttle body removing the restrictive intake but I wouldn't expect massive gains on stock CR, slightly wilder cams and an off the shelf set of manifolds, yes there will be gains but I wouldn't have thought much.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 05:12 PM   #19
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
George used a carbon airbox with a single throttle body removing the restrictive intake but I wouldn't expect massive gains on stock CR, slightly wilder cams and an off the shelf set of manifolds, yes there will be gains but I wouldn't have thought much.
it made an extra 20lb/ft over the standard from 4-7k, which is enough to give a 25-30bhp increase at the wheels.
certainly not a 300bhp screamer, but that sort of power and torque increase from the intake is enough to raise my eyebrows!
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-13, 10:02 PM   #20
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
I think a good question to ask, has anyone mapped after market cams, manifolds on a stand alone ECU, I feel this would net good results too, having control of fueling and ignition is a major bonus, after all the stock inlet will flow enough to make good power, you may be able to use an auxiliary port on the ECU to run the stepper motors for the VIS, although, personally I would map around it.
As much as I like the carbon inlet on Steve's I really think gains could be made through mapping and basic mods, or if this type of inlet is something you want then have an aluminum plenum and runners fabricated this will allow you to graft the shape to accommodate space without compromising the flow, 5 ltr plenum with some tuned runners isn't a difficult job.

This complete set-up is all made in house and the hardest part was the designing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inlet.jpg (52.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Inlet 2.jpg (58.5 KB, 25 views)
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote