theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-08-11, 02:27 PM   #11
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
lol@Dan, am confused now.....!

Anyway Dan is right too, if any car is parked up on the public highway IT but be insured, doesn't need to be taxed but MUST be SORN'd

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 02:28 PM   #12
john180

john180 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
ya kno what dan thats how i felt when i bought my MK2 over my MK1

I had a mint 120 with everything i wanted but i had cash burning a hole in my pocket.......

i still say sell both and buy something better but thats just me and if i could et what i wanted for my ZS it would be gone tommorow

Tim
what do you think is better? what would you replace them with? There's just something about MGs I like.
Old 20-08-11, 02:30 PM   #13
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
What are the details of the twilight ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 02:33 PM   #14
john180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
What are the details of the twilight ?
It's standard 180 spec but with twilight paint (obviously), full leather interior including rear head rests even has the becker sat nav from factory in it. 45k miles, full service history ect etc.
Old 20-08-11, 02:33 PM   #15
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by john180 View Post
It's standard 180 spec but with twilight paint (obviously), full leather interior including rear head rests even has the becker sat nav from factory in it. 45k miles, full service history ect etc.
Mk1 or 2 ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 02:34 PM   #16
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by john180 View Post
what do you think is better? what would you replace them with? There's just something about MGs I like.
TBH mate i dont kno Ive developed a soft spot for the VXR as of late but i cud never afford buy one

Obviously this is an MG enthusiast forum so everything i say will be shot down but ive gone of the whole mg thing the past few months......possibly i miss the noise and the thrill of my V6 but IMO they aernt worth it anymore and i wouldnt be willing to fork out how ever much it is to run them......

I see the MG ZS as a old under developed car it could have been a different animal if MG hadnt gone to ****

Anyways im not you and its your descion id say the twilight is a great looking car but for it too sit in storage gathering dust is it worth it
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 02:35 PM   #17
john180

Mk2 - 54 plate
Old 20-08-11, 02:36 PM   #18
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Is it not the ZS-X, lol

Old 20-08-11, 02:39 PM   #19
john180

Quote:
TBH mate i dont kno Ive developed a soft spot for the VXR as of late but i cud never afford buy one

Obviously this is an MG enthusiast forum so everything i say will be shot down but ive gone of the whole mg thing the past few months......possibly i miss the noise and the thrill of my V6 but IMO they aernt worth it anymore and i wouldnt be willing to fork out how ever much it is to run them......

I see the MG ZS as a old under developed car it could have been a different animal if MG hadnt gone to ****

Anyways im not you and its your descion id say the twilight is a great looking car but for it too sit in storage gathering dust is it worth it
OK, here's another side to my story. I have an astra sri 1.9 150 diesel as a company car which i use for work. Nice car but i'm not sure i would buy another astra some how... they just lack something...

I had the black ZS before i got my company car so it just stayed and i drove it when not at work (evenings and weekends etc) the twilight was really going to be my show car - i wanted to keep it in really good condition etc. I suppose now i know that i dont have to insure it even when sorn will make the cost less and I will be able to do what I first wanted to.

John
Old 20-08-11, 02:39 PM   #20
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

Quote:

Tim, am in the same boat dude, I like the ZS and I do like the new 6, but alas the ZS aint worth much now, and I cant afford to go to a new car, I dont like the VXR's are they are common as arses same with scoobys, and Focus RS's etc, the ZS stills gives a smile to my coupon, it is here to stay until it dies...