AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 21-07-16, 08:00 PM   #1
SimonMGZS

SimonMGZS is on a distinguished road
not been on a while

I have not been on for a while but been busy with getting cars on the road
my mk2 zs is still on the road and still going and only just hit 27000 miles in the last few days
back in 2014 I purchased a 1.8ltr turbo with possible head gasket failure so ripped the head off and I had the biggest surprise ever the head gasket had been replaced with the uprated one and it turned out to be a cracked piston so the engine was ripped out and sent to a engine reconditioners to be fully rebuilt and that was on the road for the 1st December 2014 and in feb this year this I purchased a ztt v6 with only 55000 miles on the clock and that suspected cam belt failure as the person I purchased was reversing in the drive and it went bang and would not restart so checked it all out no cam belt whatsoever and it turned over and started straight away and that was after a year of standing in the drive at the home of the previous owner. so the best £200 which I had paid for it. so at the moment it is at my friends garage having some work as it failed the mot on broken rear spring, two front drop links and discs/pads all round and having the belts changed.

on a completely different note I am now an owner of a genuine mg rover t4 diagnostic machine which I purchased new. before anybody asks can I do remaps the answer will be no all I can do is a diagnostic on your vehicle
not sure what the actual going rate is for diagnostics so I am thinking £50 plus mileage if I have to travel or you can come to me.
2005 mg zs180 2.5ltr v6

janspeed full stainless steel sports exhaust
itg maxogen induction kit
19" rss alloy wheels

Last edited by SimonMGZS; 21-07-16 at 09:15 PM.
SimonMGZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-16, 08:39 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Good to hear from you again. Like the luck you have going on there, care to spread it around!
Old 21-07-16, 09:17 PM   #3
SimonMGZS

SimonMGZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Good to hear from you again. Like the luck you have going on there, care to spread it around!
I wish I could but need to save it as much as possible lol
2005 mg zs180 2.5ltr v6

janspeed full stainless steel sports exhaust
itg maxogen induction kit
19" rss alloy wheels
SimonMGZS is offline   Reply With Quote