theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-05-16, 12:30 PM   #11
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Cracking example that. Tempting but really looking for something rare.
Alcantara - black oak - low miles - belts done - ITG

All of that together I'd say is pretty rare mate.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 02:21 PM   #12
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
with 44k it should be worth 2k, but you'll likely have 100 offers nearer 1400quid because the majority see no value in these cars - shame really.

At nearly 300quid a year to tax, if your not using it much I'd probably get rid too if it was me, they are good cars for what they are but they don't mean enough to me to pay road tax, insurance and fuel for a drive that doesn't really take your breath away.

Hopefully you'll find someone who will pay what its worth.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 10:27 PM   #13
mint180

mint180 is on a distinguished road
For a low mileage and history car I would try 2.5k
mint180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 09:20 AM   #14
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Always start high if you're not in a rush. There may be someone out there looking for the best XPG Mk2 180 they can find - and there's a good arguement to make that yours is it....providing it is still as nice....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-16, 09:02 AM   #15
Mart_in_MCR

Mart_in_MCR will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Go for a long drive and see if you feel the same.
That's always the danger with it, I convince myself to get rid then one drive later and I want to keep it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
It ought to be worth at least £2k, whether you get that or not is another question, how much were you thinking of
Yes I wouldn't let it go for less than £2k and given the condition and work that's been done on it ideally I would be thinking closer to £2.5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona365 View Post
I dont use mine for commuting, but everytime I think of him, let alone fire hime up, I know Ill never get rid, surely the cost of tax and insurance arent much, compared to the joy of owning him????
You are right, currently I pay £70 a month for tax and insurance which isn't really much in the grand scheme of things but over the year it does add up. However I always do have a big smile on my face when driving it and also notice people checking it out more and more as they become a rarer sight on the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Stick it on a limited mileage classic MG insurance policy with Peter Best, costs me £120 a year for 5000 miles which is way more than I do in it nowadays.
Yes I will investigate this and see if I can bring the insurance cost down, do you still earn NCB on this sort of policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
Interesting post as I might possibly be putting mine up for sale too next week and noticed the prices are all over the place.
What were you thinking for yours and what is the mileage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
They are getting rare Mick.go on you know you want to and you can join the best mk2 colour club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Alcantara - black oak - low miles - belts done - ITG

All of that together I'd say is pretty rare mate.
I think I can honestly say it's got to be one of the best examples in XPG out there when it's all taken in to account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
with 44k it should be worth 2k, but you'll likely have 100 offers nearer 1400quid because the majority see no value in these cars - shame really.

At nearly 300quid a year to tax, if your not using it much I'd probably get rid too if it was me, they are good cars for what they are but they don't mean enough to me to pay road tax, insurance and fuel for a drive that doesn't really take your breath away.

Hopefully you'll find someone who will pay what its worth.
Yes I won't let it go for anything like £1400!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint180 View Post
For a low mileage and history car I would try 2.5k
Yes that's what I had in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Always start high if you're not in a rush. There may be someone out there looking for the best XPG Mk2 180 they can find - and there's a good arguement to make that yours is it....providing it is still as nice....
Yes in no rush to sell and still haven't made my mind up yet so will be just doing a few little jobs to tidy her up again over the next few weeks (replace faded badges, steam clean the engine bay etc).

Thanks for all the input and advice guys, I will keep you posted!

Martyn
Mart_in_MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-16, 01:55 PM   #16
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
RE the classic insurance, no no claims needed or accrued. Give them a call and ask for a quote. I was in the position of needing a diesel to commute in and this was by far the cheapest way for me to keep the MG, which is proving invaluable as a second car now the missus uses the other car during the weekends. Plus, as a second car, gives me the time to do the bits and bobs to it that I want to, like taking the wheels off for a week or two whilst they get refurbished.