theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-08-16, 10:11 AM   #11
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Don't worry, the TD isn't going anywhere, just having a heart transplant. To stay as a TD it would really need a new engine anyway so might as well put something else in now for a change.
My turbo set up etc will be going onto the green 45 eventually which has had loads of TLC so I'll still have an L series to play with

well glad to hear that the setup will live and that another L will get to be tinkered with

Given the bits and pieces you put on the old TD, I guess it makes some sense to do the T16 to it, rather than find another petrol shell, and transplant then sell/weigh in the dead TD...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-16, 10:52 AM   #12
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeZS96 View Post
I seem to have caught the same bug.... God I hate being from Ireland sometimes makes everything just that bit harder
Its a ballache at the best of times let alone being in a different country lol

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-16, 07:03 PM   #13
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
That itch for boost Phil is contagious....I want T16nessness
What are you driving these days? Boost is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeZS96 View Post
I seem to have caught the same bug.... God I hate being from Ireland sometimes makes everything just that bit harder
It can be done I'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
well glad to hear that the setup will live and that another L will get to be tinkered with

Given the bits and pieces you put on the old TD, I guess it makes some sense to do the T16 to it, rather than find another petrol shell, and transplant then sell/weigh in the dead TD...
With these cars nowadays definitely better the devil you know I think. Being the diesel may actually have some advantages for example I have my "straight through" 2.5" exhaust, the diesel shafts are ideal, string rates are right, ARBs are right, some of the mounts can be used etc. The drawback is having to change the clocks and fuel tank (and associated pump) but that should be pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
Its a ballache at the best of times let alone being in a different country lol
All part of the fun
Old 27-08-16, 07:20 AM   #14
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Sadly no MG Phil

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote