theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-10-07, 06:15 PM   #31
weagie

weagie is on a distinguished road
very true, i think the zs is better looking than some other cars out there now at three times the cost and probably power but its not just about the performance. More what you get out of watever it is you drive.
weagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-07, 06:37 PM   #32
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
There are alot of other rides out there that will fulfill other wishes, however, very few that can offer so much for the price. The 180 is a good all round package for budget, not much can match that.

To get a good overview on marques, trends and useage just take a gander over on the Pistonheads classified boards and look at the quantities of the cars being offered.

Example:

MG ZS-30 off
Subaru Impreza-895
Mitsubishi Lancer-347

Looks like I am with the underdog yet again
Old 28-10-07, 06:47 PM   #33
weagie

mines a humble 120 but she's shown up a few chav powered mobiles on a few occassions. You know the ones, they wack on the biggest tail pipe they can get and think that because their motor sounds like a tractor then it must be going faster!
Old 28-10-07, 06:50 PM   #34
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
so nobody likes the Subaru's then!! Evo's are a good car though but both are so expensive when comparing age/condition/mileage....I would have a new generation of either given the money but I love my ZS for its looks and its above average power.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-07, 09:11 PM   #35
weagie

nah subaru's are mince, pug ugly even. Give me a skyline anyday.
Old 29-10-07, 06:00 AM   #36
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Just looking at the cars on offer and the quanitites just shows who follows the herd, also begs the question, if they are that good, why so many for sale?
Old 29-10-07, 04:28 PM   #37
Southern Storm
I'm Zeddin It

Southern Storm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Just looking at the cars on offer and the quanitites just shows who follows the herd, also begs the question, if they are that good, why so many for sale?
My words exactly.

I too am of the opinion of comparing my car with other cars on the road and cars I have owned. This is a powerful car for what it is. Certainly outpowering anything I have owned before. You try and find a silky smooth V6 with around 170Bhp stunning looks, and only a few years old for the money these cars currently go for?
I imagine comparing it to a 400Bhp sierra a bit......lacklustre. But, sorry mate there is one fundamental flaw with that car. Its a Ford Sierra! they never ever looked nice in my opinion. The only engine worthwhile was the Cosworth.
Not having a go just putting my thruppence in.
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-07, 06:26 PM   #38
stamford
Site Owner

To put things into perspective, my prevous car was a Vauxhall Calibra V6, not as quick as the 180 as the engine was not tweaked and had an anchor for a flywheel, but still a nice car to drive. I went looking for a replacement car as I needed four doors and five seats but did not consider the ZS as they were out of my then budget. Funny when you see something you like you can suddenly afford it
Old 29-10-07, 06:39 PM   #39
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Storm View Post
I imagine comparing it to a 400Bhp sierra a bit......lacklustre. But, sorry mate there is one fundamental flaw with that car. Its a Ford Sierra! they never ever looked nice in my opinion. The only engine worthwhile was the Cosworth.

If you can point out where i have compared a ZS180 against my old Cosworth then i will personaly give you my car and the keys to my house tommorrow !

Not once did i make any direct comparison of the 2 cars, i merely said that the Cosworth was a true fast car and the ZS is not a true fast car - rapid-ish maybe, but not a true fast car ! I can't get why everyone's getting so worked up when all i've done is to point out a hard truth ! I've not made any direct insult to anyone, saying there cars are bad, i've not even said the ZS is bad - if it was why would i be on my 2nd ?!
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-07, 06:40 PM   #40
Southern Storm
I'm Zeddin It

Southern Storm is on a distinguished road
Cool I had a Calibra 2.0 8 valve. A wreck when I bought it but quite sweet when I practically had to give it away. Torquey but low power for a car that size. The V6 sounds sweet in them
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote