theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 28-12-10, 10:52 AM   #1
chrismyatt82

chrismyatt82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tyres - Help please!

I had to get my tyres changed today on my ZS180... Refusing to pay Kwikfits prices I have gone to a tyre fitter and had some part worn tyres fitted...

They have fitted runflat tyres to the rear, one runflat to the nearside front and one standard to the offside front

I only noticed this after when I went to check the pressures and the standard one felt alot softer than the others

I have the standard 17in MG alloys fitted... the tyre place said these tyres will be fine, they are trying to get hold of another runflat for the front

Has anyone else had this? Does this seem to be OK?
chrismyatt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-10, 11:09 AM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Read the link, dont run the car with mixed tyres on the same axle and run flats require a pressure reading system or must not be fitted to the car.

One run flat and one ordinary on the same axle, could affect the insurance as well.

Did they balance the tyres when they fitted them, just seems strange you had to check the pressures.

Just Googled run flat and found this, have a read, I,d think I might go back to the fitter and go for the specified ZS180 tyre. :- http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/runflattyres

Last edited by peterzs; 28-12-10 at 11:40 AM.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-10, 11:50 AM   #3
chrismyatt82

I am at the tyre place now, getting the front one swapped for a standard... Run flat are still on rear and have to wait for a pair of standartds to come in
Old 28-12-10, 11:52 AM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Good, started to panic a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28-12-10, 12:37 PM   #5
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
My old ZS had runflats all round (fitted by previous owner) and i never had any problems with them to be honest. Ride is abit more harsh and you have to check pressures more often as obviously the ZS doesn't have a low pressure warning system. You can still tell when a runflat has no air in though as it still looks slightly flatter than the rest.

That black circle link must be old now though as BMW are phasing runflats out due to them cracking the rims.
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-10, 02:37 PM   #6
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
I had some runflats put on the front and they where awfull.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-10, 04:17 PM   #7
chrismyatt82

The runflat on the front was sooooo noisy! Got the standard 2 on the front now and feels much better... Think I just need to get tracking sorted out... Also the inside of the offside rear tyre was wearing so need to get that looked out

Cheers for all your help today people