theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 19-05-15, 12:22 PM   #1
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
SOLD - Vauxhall Astra MK4 - 1.6 8V run about

CAR IS NOW SOLD, thanks for looking!!!!!

Hi All, Ad is as follows for my old Astra, have to say goodbye as the Zed has already replaced her, she was a trusty workhorse to nip about in and get to the office every now and then, but I just had to be back in a Zed!!

On Autotrader here

Vauxhall Astra Active MK4
1.6 8v Petrol Active model with 112500 miles on the clocks
MOT till 15th July 2016 - Just passed yesterday so has 13 months on it!
Comes with Air con, Leather steering wheel and alloys as standard

Looking for offers around the £600 mark, please review the ad and pass on to anyone looking for a run about.

Selling my Astra Active as I no longer need it, it has been a faithful car to get me to work and back, and to drive around town when required. I am only selling as I have bought a new car and cannot keep 2 cars on the road.

Usual body work for age, including some very light rust patches appearing on the rear arches, shown in pictures. And some scratches and scuffs here and there, nothing major though and she drives very nicely. Car will have no TAX as due to the new DVLA regs, and so I have SORN’d it due to the fact it is not being driven/to be sold, this does not have anything to do with the car, simply the fact I do not have use for it so wanted to claim the tax back. The emissions light came on when I last started her up, possibly due to standing and not being used for a while, still started and drove fine, must be from standing! I have since found that it has fault code P0141 and is a Lambda Sensor that may need replacing - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 2).

I only drove the car every now and then, yet she never fails to start and get me either down the local shops, or right across country for work! Never misses a beat.

Good Points:
  • Very Comprehensive Service history
  • Lots and Lots of bills for work in the past
  • Air Con
  • Electric front windows
  • Remote central locking
  • Power Steering
  • Alloys – 2 almost new tyres, 2 with a few legal mm of tread, probably 2500 miles or so
  • ABS
  • Recent front brakes replaced, Rear shoes adjusted at same time
  • Almost new battery
  • Bluetooth MPS/CD/iPod ready head unit – JVC make
  • Low Insurance Group – Group 5 I believe
  • Clean car
  • Belts done at some point in 2010
  • Only done around 5000 miles since last MOT!

Bad Points:
  • Scuffs/scratches as you would expect for a 12 year old car
  • Probably due a service very soon, despite the low miles done since the last service
  • Rust starting to show on rear arches, not gotten worse since I have owned it, but not been treated at all either
  • Engine is a bit ‘tapity’ on startup, seems fine and quietens down after a couple of minutes, may be Hydraulic Lifters? I think there is an additive you can get from car parts shops to help this, but never bothered me to be fair, drives fine anyway.

Any inspection welcome before end of auction, just message me to arrange a viewing. I can be available most days with very little notice. Car is located in Redditch, close enough to the M40/M42/M6/M5 roadways. I have treated this car very well, she has had a decent wash as often as she got dirty and that was normally followed up with at least a coat of polish or turtle wax ‘Ice Wax’, with the tyres dressed etc etc, I am very particular about how clean I keep the car, not an easy job with 2 young children! Contact me through PM link, or contact me on 07951946908

If it goes on into next month unsold I will get it put through an MOT as no one wants a car with a months ticket!

Pics!!! Photobucket Library

Also if she doesn't sell by June I will remove the headunit and keep it for mine/the wifes car.

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

Last edited by theboynoz; 23-06-15 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Updated price and links
theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-15, 01:40 PM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Looks a nice little runabout. Should get that for it on the bay of E easy enough.
Good luck.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-15, 03:15 PM   #3
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Great little runarounds that don't rust either. Would be my 1st choice if I was in the market for such a vehicle.
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-15, 03:33 PM   #4
theboynoz

cheers guys, was listed for a few days on an auvtion format, and nothing! Auto declined an offer of £350, some people are just kidders aren't they! I paid over the odds as I bought from a dealership (£1100), of sorts, over a year ago and PX'd my old Fiesta in for it too! Just needed something at the time to get me around, then moved to the other side of the Midlands are commuted a few days a week across country, no problems, but now I don't drive much due to working at home and not doing the school run I can afford to have something more of a fun car than just dependable lol. Hence the sale of the Astra and the purchase of the ZS!

Fingers crossed it goes soon as the wife is quite annoyed at my cars filling the drive, even just asked where can she park, will post a pic to show the ridiculous nature of that comment soon.....

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!

Last edited by theboynoz; 19-05-15 at 03:34 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 19-05-15, 04:28 PM   #5
theboynoz

See what I mean?

Anyway, back onto the sale...... lol

Drives:

Old 20-05-15, 12:25 PM   #6
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
you should see my drive then.
Old 31-05-15, 02:11 PM   #7
theboynoz

Still available, anyone know of anybody on the lookout for a runabout?

Drives:

Old 05-06-15, 08:54 PM   #8
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
thats a nice looking astra bud,you should get that price for it,get it on the various astra pages on facebook should help.
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 10:32 PM   #9
theboynoz

might try that as autotrader and ebay and Vauxhallownersnetwork have not helped, nor has gumtree, get stupid offers of £250 to £400 at the mo, may get 12 months ticket one it next week and see what that does to my chances too as a month is nothing!

Drives:

Old 05-06-15, 10:47 PM   #10
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
I wouldnt bother buying 12 months, tax isnt transferable anymore.