theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-06-13, 09:32 AM   #21
chris106

chris106 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I agree, it depends how much modifying you want to do. It's going to be much less for the mk2's
chris106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-13, 10:33 AM   #22
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
there really isnt much modding to do to be honest. just cut away the black part of the mk2 bumper and the diffuser fits into it. two bolts through the brackets on the diffuser go through the bottom of the mk2 bumper. Ref exhausts some will fit and some wont. i tested my spare exhaust on one of my zeds before fitting it onto red and found that some dont fit. the janspeed is perfect as the bottom of the exit pipe is flat with the bottom of the back box, my xpower one doesnt sit flush and so because the exit pipe is higher than the bottom of the backbox this caused it to actaully sit on the diffuer which pushed it down slightly. looks ok except when you stand way back and look underneath the car. Also not sure this wouldnt make a noise when driving. Cant see how a normal duplex wouldnt fit especially if its a janspeed it should be fine. it'll just depend on the shape of the backboxes
Old 13-06-13, 11:14 AM   #23
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
the 197 diffuser is the one to work with over the 200 version.

the clio 197 (on some models) had a tailpipe slashed with the diffuser, so it didn't protrude. see pic in this thread...http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...haust-on-a-172

the diffuser needs quite a few mods before being used for a mould, such as blanking the 2nd exhaust hole, relocation of existing, moulding to rear of zs bumper so the fibreglass copies can be bonded to rear of bumper, and angle alignment so it sits flush with the wheel well and doesn't sit lower like this one which is probably causing more drag than any benefit the diffuser has...http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=62225

cost is key here, I would be in at 100quid for a straight copy or 150quid for a well modded copy that will simply bond to the rear bumper and bolt to the wheel well with exhaust locations blanked and modified.

There are a couple of people already who are taking moulds of the diffuser, I will be buying the one which has had the time and effort put into it for an easy fit.

Let us know what the costs will be...
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-13, 02:17 PM   #24
MG.DAN

MG.DAN is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty much the same as above^^
If its around £100-150 I'd have one providing its simple to fit and will look tidy. I take it if the backbox we have is too big we would have to modify it slightly?
MG.DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-13, 02:34 PM   #25
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25269
This guy was talking about getting them done in CF for around £100
Any tailpipe design wanted.
Not sure if he's still up for it though.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-13, 06:30 PM   #26
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Yes well Im definetly in then if the cost would be around £100 - £150, a couple of points

1) Isnt the xpower system the Janspeed system?
2) RE: The brackets, if they are required then yes id buy them too!
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-13, 07:04 PM   #27
redzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by POMPSKI View Post
Yes well Im definetly in then if the cost would be around £100 - £150, a couple of points

1) Isnt the xpower system the Janspeed system?
2) RE: The brackets, if they are required then yes id buy them too!
the original xpower kits were made by janspeed i think but it changed shape not long after 2003 i believe. one pic is of the xpower, the other a janspeed and note the shape of the exit how it shows how the backbox is higher up under the car when fitted compared to the xpower one which is a standard exhast style
Old 13-06-13, 07:05 PM   #28
redzed

opps forgot the pics, the xpower one is the one on the table
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (8.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg XPowerExhaust.jpg (20.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 13-06-13, 07:09 PM   #29
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the clarification, mine will be fine then!
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-13, 05:04 AM   #30
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I will buy a dual exit carbon fibre one, not interested in anything else.

My powerflow duplex system uses one back box with one exit to the back and one to the front, the front one then curls around the gap between wheel well and the fuel tank.
If needs be I can get powerflow to alter it to fit the diffuser.