theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 23-08-16, 12:50 PM   #1
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Is it time to move on

Having a bit of a dilemma here and I don't know what to do.I've had my mk2 180 for twelve years and loved the car to death and in all that time never ever really thought about parting with it but.recently I am really thinking about moving it on and going to pastures new .it still starts stops and drives fine and is still my daily driver but it is getting a bit long in the tooth the gearbox is making a strange noise when the car is warm it needs new discs on the front and the front Jacking points have started to rot a bit and if I am honest I just don't know whether I have the time,energy or inclination to do the repairs myself .the body work and paint is still in decent nick with the odd scuff here and there and when the car is clean it still looks a million dollars.it is a bit of a one off car and It's been loved since I got it and has some nice touches in it that make it quite unique but it's a real quandary for me whether to move on or not.needing advice on what to do guys .keep and repair or move on
Old 23-08-16, 01:06 PM   #2
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Only you can decide but I agree for sure that the ZS is getting on a bit now to be a dependable hassle free daily driver.
You obviously love the car (as I love my ZS's), my solution based on the worthlessness of the cars was to just keep the MGs as toys and buy a newer boring eurobox (BMW 330d) to drive to work etc. You'll regret selling the ZS and bear in mind that if you change your mind they are all getting old and most will have issues so better the devil you know with your current ZS.
Old 23-08-16, 01:41 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

You have to have the LOVE to want to keep the ZS going.

All cars can give trouble, but most do not have the character and head turning ability of the ZS's

Up to you in the long run grimmy, but I still love the ZS

Old 23-08-16, 02:27 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
If you have to ask ....

Sadly you'd get pennies for it. Keep it off road if you have space - tinker - get a trailer and take it to the track maybe.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-16, 02:45 PM   #5
grimmy

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
That was my plan last year when I bought nors old car Dan but my one just sat in the garage for the winter as I couldn't get off my backside to do anything with it.although it didn't take much to get I back on the road this summer .just not sure what to do at all.and even if I did move on I have no idea what I would go for as I don't really have much spare cash to chuck about.
Old 23-08-16, 03:06 PM   #6
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Then I'd say don't bother doing anything pal. Stay as you are - keep it legal, and then when something comes along and you think - "yep that's the next car for me" - that'll be time to move on.

I guess the thing to do is to do the maths. Value what it's worth, add up what you could put to it, and have a look around. No harm in that - I do it all the time - and if there's something you see that you fancy, go for it. If there's nothing out there, then it's just "as you were"
Old 23-08-16, 04:17 PM   #7
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
If you are on a tight budget mate I don't thing you can get as much 'bang for buck' as the ZS

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-16, 06:52 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeus101 View Post
If you are on a tight budget mate I don't thing you can get as much 'bang for buck' as the ZS
I think the thing is he's been banging this particular buck for 12 yrs .... and maybe she ain't quite as interesting any more ....
Old 23-08-16, 07:14 PM   #9
grimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
I think the thing is he's been banging this particular buck for 12 yrs .... and maybe she ain't quite as interesting any more ....
Ha ha ha .hit the donkey square on the **** there Dan.that's exactly what going on I think.
Old 23-08-16, 07:42 PM   #10
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Well here is my two pennyworth....I have driven some very nice motors, new ones with more power, more reliable....But in my heart the ZS is stuck...Nothing comes as close to it in all round FUN!!!!!! I am never getting rid of mine, even if I win the lottery and I buy the Ferrari...............................