theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 06-03-14, 03:53 PM   #1
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Back in an MG.

Well I haven't been on here for a while now posting but do occasionally look in and see what's been going on with the cars and so on.
My venture into the Skoda didn't last long, it wasn't a bad car but it just wasn't as I had hoped so I parted ways with it roughly a month ago.
Bought a Zafira GSI which was amazingly quick and really really fun to drive but as it had been heavily modded it really wasn't a truly practical daily car for the family as 18mpg round town if you started to use any power and only just over 20 if not

Then we came to my current car which I bought last week. We all said it wouldn't be long before I was back in another however although I am in an Mg now it's not a ZS this time.

This is what I ended up getting. I know it will get mixed reviews and the haters will always knock it but it is a brilliant all-rounder and drives remarkably like the ZS. Almost feels like it's bigger brother, spec levels are great and for the money nothing came close in comparison.
Anyway, here it is

So only a few pictures but I'm doubting many will be that interested in the 6 but just thought would say I'm back in the crowd in one way or another now and just checking in.
Hope alls going well with all on here
Old 06-03-14, 04:36 PM   #2
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Welcome back to mg ownership . It looks nice them wheels make a whole world of difference compared to the other ones they come with I think they just look far to small and look crap. But them wheels you got look good . You do get a lot of car for the money with the 6 just a pitty they didn't give them more power or a least give you the choice of a model with more power . That is the only thing I think that would put me off getting one to be honest . Enjoy your new motor mate I,m sure you will if it drives like a zs
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 04:48 PM   #3
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Welcome back buddy, let the haters hate, really like them lovely looking car

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 04:58 PM   #4
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Cheers for the welcome back guys and the comments. I can see what you mean regarding the power side of things although it's not actually that slow in reality but it does deliver the power in a strange way. Not like usual turbo feel, seems more like a super charger as just progressive rather than a kick.
It would certainly be a very interesting drive if it day have a 200+ motor in it as it just feels so planted especially when going round the twistys

My mates letting me try his Rota Grids which are 19x8.5 concave so can see how it would look with a summer set of wheels as an option too.
Yeah the TSE wheels are a huge improvement over the smaller 17's, not a great design at all.
I love it too, it does everything well and just feels so nice and together.
Already spoken to magnaflow about a custom exhaust which may or may not happen but that is really the only thing it lacks is some nice exhaust tone. Although when you get down behind it on tickover it does actually burble nicely but the sound deadening doesn't allow it on the cabin and it is a very subtle burble but at least shows it would sound tasty with a nice system on it
Old 06-03-14, 05:05 PM   #5
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
RG tuning in South Africa are getting 209 bhp reliably.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 05:11 PM   #6
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
RG tuning in South Africa are getting 209 bhp reliably.
That's interesting to know Pete. I've heard through a friend that Longbridge had one running over the 200hp apparently but don't know how true that is.
Old 06-03-14, 05:29 PM   #7
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Longbridge aren't dabbling to see what is reliably available, after all it wouldn't be MG if someone wasn't trying to get more power.

Old 06-03-14, 05:30 PM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
More cars than me !!!

Good on you and welcome back.

Where'd you get that from then ? I've been watching a few and at an 11 plate the warranty will be nearly out. Really quite fancied one that was towards the end of it's warranty and have always said that if you take it for what it is - nearly new and cheap - you shouldn't be disappointed.

There was one like yours at Bristol Street - 5K miles for about £7K and another with 60K that was around the £6K mark.... ?

Personally, I'll be very interested in what you do, so maybe have your own thread in the other car section and post up what you get up to.

There are a few on .org who have mentioned an MG6 register where there are plenty of owners who've started personalising their own cars. Exhausts seem to be the way forward for most just now, but they'll be mapping them soon enough.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 05:36 PM   #9
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Longbridge aren't dabbling to see what is reliably available, after all it wouldn't be MG if someone wasn't trying to get more power.

Very true, always room for a bit more power.!
Heard some dodgy ways on these though how some go about mapping them but I am waiting to hear back from them as to if they have and how they did it as I would be interested to be another guinie pig if they needed one.
Old 06-03-14, 05:41 PM   #10
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

I'm told the Bosch ecu is quite tricky to work with, be careful whose advice you follow as well, there some cowboys about, if you take my meaning.