AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-08-08, 03:57 PM   #1
chris25

chris25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjP View Post
Those are great little cars. I was qiute interested in one before I got the ZS, but I already had a hatch and wanted a bigger car (and either a turbo or V6). I hear theyre a brilliant drive though, and if one came up against a ZS180 it would mostly be down to who is the better driver
Yeah you're right, proper little drivers car. Suits me down to the ground, the visibility is excellent and that was important for me.

I don't mean to come across all 'my cars faster than yours' or anything, but the clio is quicker. 171bhp/ton compared to the zs's 144/ton! Handling is similar on both
chris25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 07:06 PM   #2
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris25 View Post
I don't mean to come across all 'my cars faster than yours' or anything, but the clio is quicker. 171bhp/ton compared to the zs's 144/ton! Handling is similar on both
Its quicker, yes, but not by much (0.5 sec to 60 or similar IIRC for the Cup), hence why I said it would mostly be down to the better driver coming out on top. Someone who knows how to get the most out of the V6 would give a regular Clio driver a real tough time I think They drive like gocarts though, so I think it would be a great race around the twistys But yeah in a straight line the Clio would win 4 times out of 5.

My only gripe with the Clio 172 was they look pretty much the same as a normal Clio, and what killed it for me was you cant see the exhausts (Why?!)! The 182 solved that problem but I still prefer the sporty looks of the ZS.

Ive got a lot of respect for the Clio 172, dont get me wrong, but I prefer my ZS as an overall car
Old 10-08-08, 07:17 PM   #3
chris25

chris25 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjP View Post
Its quicker, yes, but not by much (0.5 sec to 60 or similar IIRC for the Cup), hence why I said it would mostly be down to the better driver coming out on top. Someone who knows how to get the most out of the V6 would give a regular Clio driver a real tough time I think They drive like gocarts though, so I think it would be a great race around the twistys But yeah in a straight line the Clio would win 4 times out of 5.

My only gripe with the Clio 172 was they look pretty much the same as a normal Clio, and what killed it for me was you cant see the exhausts (Why?!)! The 182 solved that problem but I still prefer the sporty looks of the ZS.

Ive got a lot of respect for the Clio 172, dont get me wrong, but I prefer my ZS as an overall car
I see what you're saying mate
Although I don't go by 0-60 times, they're rubbish. Looking at the 0-100mph times you can see the cup does it in 16.8, and the zs around 20/21.

I know what you mean about it looking like a normal clio, but I kind of like that aspect! I've always been a fan of sleepers though tbh.

I may put a different exhaust on there as I'm not 100% on the hidden style, we'll see how that goes!

Likewise, I have muchos respect for the zs (my dads had them since they first came out), but this is more suited for my needs
chris25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 07:32 PM   #4
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris25 View Post
I see what you're saying mate
Although I don't go by 0-60 times, they're rubbish. Looking at the 0-100mph times you can see the cup does it in 16.8, and the zs around 20/21.

I know what you mean about it looking like a normal clio, but I kind of like that aspect! I've always been a fan of sleepers though tbh.

I may put a different exhaust on there as I'm not 100% on the hidden style, we'll see how that goes!

Likewise, I have muchos respect for the zs (my dads had them since they first came out), but this is more suited for my needs
Sorry that 0-100 time for the ZS sounds absolute pish mine does it in way under 20 seconds with bigger wheels hence slower acceleration

Mine hits 0-60 in way under 7 seconds id hazard a guess at 6 standard is 7.3 isnt it, with the bigger wheels too id say that was impressive (This isnt proven i have no timer but it feels that way)

If i put my OE wheels back on i recon it'd be quicker still
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote