theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 02-03-14, 03:52 PM   #121
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Hmm, so like mine, the only splice into the original loom is the feed into the Blue/Yellow to terminal 85.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-14, 04:55 PM   #122
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I copied your how to......Was going to stick a fusible link into the engine bay fuse box once I had it working......wish I had done it earlier.........swapping the connections over on the relays I managed to brush the unfused feed against one of the earth connections and it appears to have killed the BCU!

Symptoms are no power to anything what so ever despite there being 12v everywhere,
fuel gauge and temp gauge at top of gauges,
when you remove one of the fuses under the dash (for the BCU I think) and refit you can hear something in the engine bay connecting,
after a few minutes the fuel pump relay starts pulsing the fuel pump,
remove the relay and the cooling fan cuts in!,
disconnect the battery and the temp gauge drops to zero,
and the best bit
connect the battery in the boot (which isn't finalised yet) and my booster pack and everything comes to life but not enough power to start the car,
connect the main battery again and she starts,
disconnect the boot battery and booster,
the car runs for a few minutes and dies completely.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think the Clifford alarm doesn't help so that's coming out, it's more hassle than it's worth anyway as the only cool part about it is the remote start which is more of an intermittent remote start.

If that doesn't cure it the BCU will go down to technozone for a diagnostics, I'll to get a second fob coded for it and while he has it probably new relays.
Old 02-03-14, 05:50 PM   #123
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
That's a pita, hopefully removing the Clifford solves it.

Old 02-03-14, 06:17 PM   #124
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Bummer, Talkingcars.

Hope you can sort it, for not too much cash!!
Old 04-03-14, 06:29 PM   #125
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Four hours and the Clifford is out, just need to work out what they did to the central locking as this isn't working at the moment.
Old 04-03-14, 07:17 PM   #126
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
That clifford has always been a pain in my bottom!! Never got installed correctly as far as im concerned and the £1000 it cost me was no where near worth it!!
Best thing is to get rid of it! I would imagine they spliced into the central locking loom near the bcu, it might have a loom adapter on it or something. If you want to harass the installers they are called AutoSparx

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 05:24 PM   #127
talkingcars

The clifford is completely disconnected now and the central looking working properly.
Old 05-03-14, 05:26 PM   #128
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

whoop

Old 08-03-14, 10:26 AM   #129
talkingcars

So I go to reconnect the battery and there's a flash from where it's bolted to the slam panel! At some point the bolt in the O/E location has sheared so the earth has been fitted to where the O/E filter bolts would be.

Unfortunately the O/E has since been refitted so the rubber airfilter mounts don't hold the earth firmly in place.

I've now fitted it to the earth point under the fusebox.
Old 08-03-14, 10:29 AM   #130
talkingcars

I was going to get Technozone Paul to code me a new fob and write out the speed locking but as Mrs TC wants her car back I've relocated the BCU to a more accessible location, not saying where but it'll make life easier when relays fail.

(I don't suppose any of the P/O of FE54 have the second O/E fob knocking around in that draw in the kitchen?)