theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 15-06-13, 04:42 PM   #31
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Cost me £30
Old 15-06-13, 07:15 PM   #32
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
must have a good scrappy.

Ones near me have zilch!!!!
Old 16-06-13, 06:51 AM   #33
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The local one has 3 sections - one that is open every day which I can manage to visit in a lunch break but that had nothing suitable when I looked last week. Then there is a restricted access area which has newer cars but I didn't have time last week to look there, finally there is a proper old style area with double stacked cars (used to be triple stacked) which is now only open on Saturdays.

There were several Rover 400's and civics, 1 mk1 120 and nothing else suitable. Only a couple had rear electrics so I decided on the one at the end of a row as it had more room on one side.

I had got the bits out of one door when some chap appeared and broke all scrap yard etiquette and started removing the front seats, in 30 years I've never had someone else start removing bits from a car I am working on! I wasn't quite sure what he was doing so I decide the quickest thing to do was to help him, I took one seat out while explaining how to do the other, it did make getting the consol out a bit quicker and I did get the £2.20 in change
Old 16-06-13, 01:35 PM   #34
talkingcars

And fitted..............
Old 16-06-13, 02:29 PM   #35
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
Good work

If you ever need another pair of hands just give me a shout. I'm always up for a bit of car play
MG ZS 180 Saloon Starlight Silver - 2003 Current

MG ZS TD Saloon XPower Grey 2004 Gone
MG ZS 180 Saloon Trophy Blue 2003 Gone
Rover BRM Gone
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-13, 07:15 PM   #36
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Used to love the scrappy, about 4 high and then the crane would come and start moving one off the next pile.

Had to shout and wave to let the operator know you were working in the car.

Bit before all this Health and Safety, stuff!!!
Old 16-06-13, 08:55 PM   #37
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshone View Post
Good work

If you ever need another pair of hands just give me a shout. I'm always up for a bit of car play
OK - will do.
Old 16-06-13, 09:27 PM   #38
talkingcars

Busy day today - not quite sure why but I was awake at 7!
Sun was hinting that it might cut through the clouds, forecasts were similar -
perfect for ripping out the seats and carpets to swap them round -
eventually I was outside by 10 and it started to spit with rain so I decided to to the rear electrics -
3 hours later both sides were done -
rain had got heavier and eased and eventually the sun was out -
only one thing to do -
I'd already undone the seats and seat belts and rear consol -
I've now got the earlier seats and carpet in FE54 and the door seals back on (they've only been off for 6 weeks)
but a lack of energy at 9pm stopped me from doing any more than dropping the mk2 capet and the xpower seats into GV51 -
anyone fancy buying it to use as a track car, will save me refitting the carpet.
Old 16-06-13, 10:45 PM   #39
talkingcars

Forgot to mention that I found £2.30 in FE54, found nothing in GV51.
Old 17-06-13, 09:48 PM   #40
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
and the xpower seats into GV51 -
anyone fancy buying it to use as a track car, will save me refitting the carpet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Forgot to mention that I found £2.30 in FE54, found nothing in GV51.
You are more than welcome to give me GV51 for free in its current condition I'll squeeze it in the garage and rebuild from the ground up on a limited budget, long term

You could always take that £2.30 you found in FE54 as payment lmao

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote