theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-02-17, 03:29 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
They are staying!

Fellow MG ZS enthusiasts, I am happy to report that Peter Scott's ZS's will be staying with the forum. Pete's sister and brother-in-law, who flew in from New Zealand for the funeral, had been trying, via the solicitor, to track me down. They had hoped it could stay with an enthusiast and therefore was given first refusal. Hence why the mk2 XPG 180 was put up for sale, no doubt some of you had already guessed what was going on. So there has been a couple of months of going back and forth trying to tie up the matter with the solicitor.

So today, with the help of Sam (ZS), we collected T16 YES from Aberkenfig, near Bridgend, South Wales and it is now in my hands. There is some tidying up to do and some deep cleaning where it has been sat for a few months. Hopefully it'll be ready for PoL, but believe the MOT expires the day before! So not counting my chickens yet!

Was a sedate drive back, just getting to know it and see if all was okay. Needs a good service and some tinkering as had a sticky throttle moment! Opened it a little leaving the M4 onto the A34 and was taking aback with the amount of torque steer, I wasn't pushing it and my god does it respond!

So there's a learning curve here, so different to the 180 obviously.

So I am very happy we managed to keep Pete's ZS on the forum, I'm sure it is something he would have wished himself. If ever there was a time for me to give up MG's or ZS's or shuffle off this mortal coil or whatever comes first, it will stay with an enthusiast and on this forum.

Pete will be remembered.