AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-06-12, 04:00 PM   #1
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
Respray or sell?

Hi guys,

A while ago I got a MK2 ZS as a cat D (rear bumper had a knock, front bumper a scuff, I know, unbelievable), and along with the purchase of the car I bought a pair of 180 wings and side skirts, however, they're not quite the right colour, and neither is the bonnet or front grill. My car is HFF (british racing green) and these bits are a lighter one, pretty sure it's Goodwood green but I may be wrong.

My question is, is it economically viable for me to get these parts re-sprayed to HFF, and if so, is there anywhere you recommend, and what sort of cost am I looking for? Or should I flog them on ebay? My car does need some TLC, but to be honest, I need to find a 180 rear before I even look at fitting the other bits otherwise it'll just look silly I think.

Thoughts?
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 09:31 PM   #2
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Bits come up, depends how patient you can afford to be. Personally I'd attempt to source the correct colour coded parts then sell your old ones. Still may be worth getting a quote from a local reputable resprayer just for the bits your on about, as a comparison so you can really weigh up your options.
Old 05-06-12, 09:46 PM   #3
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
If your car is goodwood then the code shoul be HQM as welshone stated this in Corey's thread. It should be that colour as this is what replaced leMans green iirc for the MK2's as above I think you might be better to wait for correctly coloured parts to show up for sale.
Old 06-06-12, 08:05 PM   #4
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys, I think that's what I'll do. The bumper will need changing relatively soon I think as I reckon it might be an issue come MOT time (the plastic protrudes out a bit). To eBay!
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote