collect FMIC parts,
make new Airbox,
get new/low mileage turbo,
get free flowing backbox,
fit boost gauge,
fit new front bumper,
Old 31-12-12, 09:02 AM   #22
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Reyland

In my efforts to get this as close as i can to the touring car performance the list for 2013:

Stitch weld Shell
Fit additional Cage bracing / gusset's
Fit Racing logic hyper ex coilovers
poly bush everything thats not already done
everything to be painted or powder coated
new arb's (not sure but hollow progress / eibach are prime contenders atm
new loom minus all the crap
fit stack dash / new evo clocks
rebuilt vag motor to new spec
decide what bodywork but it will be as much fibreglass as i can get made
wheels? 17's or the pro race 18's
reyland brakes
plumb new lines inc bias control valve
decide oil cooler location
new ducting from front to engine / Intercooler

and prob a shed load i have not foreseen

so be on the road June / July lmao
Old 31-12-12, 09:16 AM   #23
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
sounds like a plan to me, I may pinch some of those for mine lol

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-12, 01:55 PM   #24
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
So far it's not going well - I managed to pick up a brand new hood for the F - list price is £500 + VAT + the associated electrics, I paid just £240.

However the oil leak on the ZS went from 0.5L/500 miles to 0.5L/20 miles durring the journey so now I need to get that sorted before anything else.

Yesterday was quite resonable weather and I was given the green card to spend it on cars.

I had a shower and went out to get stuck in and it started spitting with rain so decided rather than taking the hard top off the F and dealing with the cruise control I do some small jobs -

Stripped the new door handles for painting - the spray paint was too wet and as it was cold it wasn't going on well - the covers on the patio furniture have a yellow tinge

Tried re-assembling the new centre consol - took me an hour to get the cigar lighter in and I messed up labaling the USB charger switch.

Tried finding the leak on the suspension on the F but it has leaked to much to get underneath

I tried sorting my small pile of small bits and ended up with more of a mess and a bigger pile

Finally I tried rebooting the bluetooth in the ZS, I gave up when I realised I'd have to take the glovebox out and I CBA

Happy new year - it can only get better LOL
Old 31-12-12, 02:34 PM   #25
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Some days that's just the way things are, that's some oil leak on the zs though.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-12, 02:40 PM   #26
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Some days that's just the way things are, that's some oil leak on the zs though.
I've got a feeling it's the oil cooler as it seems to be down in that corner but it really needs a good wash and to go up in the air to locate it.

I should have added to the list above that I went to fit the skirts back on the ZR the other day to find the double sided foam we bought at Stoneleigh in the spring is actually single sided!
Old 31-12-12, 03:08 PM   #27
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Is it not the supply and return pipes for the oil cooler that rust and leak?

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-12, 04:43 PM   #28
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Not sure of my plans yet but I will keep the ZS running for as long as possible! It needs a new inlet manifold gasket and theres a knocking sound on full lock, apart from that it should be ok. I did have a moment last weekend when the fan cut it in and the temp went right up, but its been ok since...
If the ZS doesnt last then maybe upgrade to a ZT or a nice mk2 ZS, maybe even a MG6 if I can get a good deal
Old 31-12-12, 04:51 PM   #29
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie007 View Post
Not sure of my plans yet but I will keep the ZS running for as long as possible! It needs a new inlet manifold gasket and theres a knocking sound on full lock, apart from that it should be ok. I did have a moment last weekend when the fan cut it in and the temp went right up, but its been ok since...
If the ZS doesnt last then maybe upgrade to a ZT or a nice mk2 ZS, maybe even a MG6 if I can get a good deal
Funny you mention a "6" - been looking at them too .... Can be got for £9500 now as the rentals are coming on the market. A few really nice TSEs are coming on now too. Lexus Bradford have got 2 TSEs - an orange hatch for under 10K and a grey Magnette for about 10500 IIRC ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-12, 05:05 PM   #30
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Talkingcars, might be worth taking off the oil cooler pipes and checking. Might have to take them to Pirtek and get them to make them up.

Think thats what caused Smokeys problem on his first, black track car. Let go on the motorway on the way home!!

Sounds like 2013 will be a busy time sorting out the motors.