theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-12-13, 04:37 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
My new motor

So yesterday me and the wife went and picked up our/my new car a 320d Sport (shes not keen on driving it as its much bigger than her swift). Its not an MG and hasn't got the same character, but so far I'm well impressed with it totally different driving sensation.

Worked out that if I only do 5,000 miles a year its £100 a month cheaper to run thats taking into account insurance and tax which is only £30 a year!!Meant to be able to get 40+mpg of real driving which I think is very achievable as got 38 on the way to work this morning and I was shifting too. Its surprising quick but doesn't feel it. Looked down at the speedo on the way home thinking I was doing 40-45 and I was nearer 65!! Reckon I'm going to have to watch that carefully.

Not sure about the new front end at the moment got mixed feelings about it, but the interior is lovely....so many gadgets along with 3 different driving modes, Eco+, comfort, Sport and Sport +. Was quite surprised how much difference it made too. Thought it was just a selling feature but could definitely feel the change.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-13, 04:43 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Pleased for you, enjoy.
Old 15-12-13, 04:45 PM   #3
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Pleased for you, enjoy.
Thanks James, afraid to say I'll still be on so you lot don't get off that easy! lol

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 15-12-13, 04:49 PM   #4
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Thanks James, afraid to say I'll still be on so you lot don't get off that easy! lol
TBH I'm disappointed that you're not in a ZS anymore and do hope you stay around rather than disappear and then reappear once you get another ZS.
Old 15-12-13, 04:52 PM   #5
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
TBH I'm disappointed that you're not in a ZS anymore and do hope you stay around rather than disappear and then reappear once you get another ZS.
This place is full of great people and its a really nice forum to be apart of regardless of what you drive

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 15-12-13, 05:10 PM   #6
talkingcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
....so many gadgets along with 3 different driving modes, Eco+, comfort, Sport and Sport +. Was quite surprised how much difference it made too. Thought it was just a selling feature but could definitely feel the change.
That's four!
How does it achieve these different modes if it is a manual?
Old 15-12-13, 05:18 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Very nice.

Had a good look at these before I bought the 318d for the Mrs. Just bit out of my price range to be honest.

The settings will adjust the handling, throttle response and power I guess.

Quick too .... Enjoy.

Last edited by Dan1971; 15-12-13 at 05:50 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-13, 05:18 PM   #8
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
Nice car jay bet it does go well them diesels are quick and with a remap aswell go like the clappers
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-13, 05:26 PM   #9
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
That's four!
How does it achieve these different modes if it is a manual?
lol so it is, however Sport+ is just Sport with the traction control switched off.

The car has active suspension,alters steering along with different throttle maps and shift points. You can really feel the car stiffen up and become more responsive in sport mode. Oh also deactivates the automatic start stop system and possibly the regen braking. Not read up on the technical engineering behind it yet, believe that it varies the turbo spool some how but not certain atm.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 15-12-13, 05:31 PM   #10
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Very nice.

Had a good look at these before I bought the 318d for the Mrs. Just bit out of my price range to be honest.

The settings will adkust the handling, throttle response and power I guess.

Quick too .... Enjoy.
Cheers Dan, got it on a four year finance package does work out a fair amount after the 4 years but personally see it as an ongoing month expense and will just keep switching for newer models every 2-3 years.

Came with free servicing till 2017 and the remainder of the BMW warranty.

2012 BMW 320d Sport