theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 21-12-13, 04:50 PM   #11
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
It started by sounding the horn every time I locked it, which suggested a mislock, but all the doors, boot and bonnet where fully closed.

At the same time as the above was going on the wash wipe function was playing up, you'd get a jet of fluid, and instead of the usual 3 or 4 wipes of the screen plus one extra after a pause the wipers continued operating.

The first time all this happened I switched the ignition off, opened and closed the drivers door and all was back to normal, the following day it did it all again, only this time switching the ignition off and opening and closing the drivers door didn't make any difference, so I cleaned the switch on the drivers b post although it seemed ok, checked the sounder for water, but it was dry.

I tested it with the spare scu I've got and everything worked fine, so I sent mine off too get checked, Paul contacted me this afternoon to say the scu worked fine on test.

So, I'm going to replace the battery in the fob, and the switch on the drivers b post and take it from there.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-13, 05:37 PM   #12
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Strange, Maybe it needed a hard reset, ie complete power down.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-13, 06:07 PM   #13
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Mine had the wipers jammed on after a trip through Glencoe, was when it was cold it happened, checked everything back and it was the scu that was faulty, next day back to normal, then it jammed again a few days later, suspect the int wipe relay was jammed, replaced scu, all good again.
That was last year, them two nights ago had the alarm going off in the middle of the night, was raining so assumed sounder, removed and it wss dry, then had the horn beeping when trying to lock, all doors shut bonnet too ect, tried bending the bonnet shut switch bracket up, still nothing, ended up going round all the doors and manually pressing in the switches, turned out the nsr switch was at fault. Removed cleaned and reffitted and its been okay since.
Old 21-12-13, 06:21 PM   #14
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I can go with the sticking relay causing the wipers.

I'm going to change the 2 offside door switches because I've got some new ones kicking round doing nothing, and they were the 2 doors that I opened before this started.

Old 21-12-13, 06:34 PM   #15
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Daft question but is the switch broken? Seen that happen before
Old 21-12-13, 06:51 PM   #16
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

errrr, I never actually looked at the switch

Old 21-12-13, 07:21 PM   #17
Ritchy
technically an expertish

They are only made of plastic so can break pretty easy