theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 02-05-16, 10:06 AM   #41
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Ah nice to see you've got a lot of it covered already - I don't tend to read the Fb group so hadn't spotted it

suspension wise, anything designed for the KV6 will be a direct bolt on. Pending what you are really after, will depend on that actually is.

I've a set of coilovers on mine, but the srings are firmer than standard, and I'll be honest, the ride is not supple on single rate springs... something possible for the future is progressive springs to ease it back a notch, but probably not likely to bother as I'm getting a more comfortable cruiser soon.

I've also got the Quaife in mine, it is expensive, and I've not yet taken it on the track, but it was bought with that eventual purpose in mind. even on the road it has cut back understeer unless I am really being a fool. It has helped with the torque steer a bit as well.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 08:08 PM   #42
M.jenks

M.jenks is on a distinguished road
So little update haven't had loads of time in the garage I started work on the adapter plate taking my time with this as don't want to mess it up for obvious reasons

Then I had to drop the wife off at uni cos her Honda jazz is a pile of steaming s*#t so I took the car out to the local small ferry dock

M.jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-16, 08:23 PM   #43
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Good pics of the car pal ... be interesting to see how you get on with this project power-wise, but the car's still a decent looking workhorse too.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 05:55 PM   #44
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Awesome pics, really like the car
Old 04-05-16, 07:03 PM   #45
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good pics, interesting read.

Old 06-05-16, 05:09 AM   #46
M.jenks

Not alone happened this weekend as I attended the monthly mg-rover Kent and surrounding meet I met another diesel tuner nice bloke live 2 mins from me and as you can see some properly stunning car

Old 06-05-16, 05:46 AM   #47
M.jenks

Also been doing another of thinking and researching on the fueling as obviously the sdi max out 180-185bhp and that's not the target

So next step is 200tdi but when talking to Phil he is certain those were the issue with his car running hot when he was on his Europe trip which wouldn't be such an issue as I have no plans of doing a 7,000 mile trip round Europe

However knowing that Im not sure if I want to risk it also a guy on the diesel fb page is running Gt2056s and 200tdi nozzles and his car hit 177bhp so think there's either something wrong with the car the dyno or the map

So basically any ideas all welcome and will be taken into consideration

Cheers guys
Old 06-05-16, 07:09 AM   #48
M.jenks

Bonus pic that's not as bad as it can be
Old 06-05-16, 09:37 AM   #49
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.jenks View Post
a guy on the diesel fb page is running Gt2056s and 200tdi nozzles and his car hit 177bhp so think there's either something wrong with the car the dyno or the map
sounds about right, head flow/port will be an issue, look at back to basics tuning rather than focus on fuel & boost, a high ve engine will produce more power.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 09:54 AM   #50
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah there has often been a lot of debate about the 200's, they are probably the same nozzles that the early "wingy" injectors used, and they had really poor atomisation.

We might just be hitting the point where the engines are just not as efficient as they need to be with the OE parts. 200bhp is x2 more power than the engine was rated at originally don't forget!

I've ported the head on mine gently, and when I fit the turbo it'll have a more freeflowing exhaust manifold too.

I did get a set of custom injectors made up, 220bar break pressure and 6 holes to help with atomisation.

I tested them in with the stage 2 hybrid and they were too much, took them out after 3 journeys. I am hoping that they'll be ok with the new turbo, with basically no fuel requested in the map.

I'd not suggest you go down the same route of trying them, unless you have a dyno or a remapper to hand to tune them (I will do both when they are swapped for the existing SDI hybrids after a bedding in period for the other components)
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote