theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-12-12, 02:24 PM   #1
pete mufc bowker

pete mufc bowker is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down mk1 zs180 wont start

well my mk1 zs180, i started her up this morning on the driveway, removed all the rubbish my kids had left behind, went in the house for 2mins came out and she had cut out, my petrol light was on, so i walked to the petrol station and filled the gerry can came back and she wont start still, me and me m8s tried pushing up the road a few times but it still wont start, ive pressed the interia button a good few times, but still it wont start, the only thing that seems strange is the fuel pump sounds a little bit louder when priming, likes its struggling or sumat, any advice would be good

also on euro carparts there are two pumps,

they are worded and priced like this

intmot/m fuel pump
part no:441750110
£117-60

and then

replacment fuel pump
part no:441750111
£71-94

so which 1 will i need if it is the fuel pump
Old 02-12-12, 02:25 PM   #2
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
If it ran out of fuel it needs at least twenty litres in the tank before it will start again as he pump needs to bee fully submerged before it will run.
Old 02-12-12, 03:14 PM   #3
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I 2nd that.................the pump has to be " immersed" to send petrol to the engine. Its a common situation in modern cars, to prevent any "gunge" flowing through. IS annoying though as a jerry can doesnt hold enough!!!
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 04:03 PM   #4
pete mufc bowker

pete mufc bowker is infamous around these parts
hmmm

i hope for mysake that you'es r right, im on route to the petrol station to fill the jerry can again and bye a toe rope, ill keep you'se onformed, cheers guys
Old 02-12-12, 04:16 PM   #5
scotttait

scotttait is on a distinguished road
I'll 3rd that!!!! Also when you turn the guy twice (not firing up) you'll here the fuel pump priming. Do that for 5 minutes before trying to fire, also be careful not to flatten battery
Old 02-12-12, 05:00 PM   #6
James Raby

James Raby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
If it ran out of fuel it needs at least twenty litres in the tank before it will start again as he pump needs to bee fully submerged before it will run.
ran out of fuel and a 5l can of fuel got it going fine again, done it twice in-fact
Old 02-12-12, 05:08 PM   #7
grimmy

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Raby View Post
ran out of fuel and a 5l can of fuel got it going fine again, done it twice in-fact
Only going on my experience and that of the majority of zs owners who have had this.guess we will find out soon enough.the guy asked a question I answered it to the best of my knowledge maybe I will keep my gub shut in future.
Old 02-12-12, 05:12 PM   #8
James Raby

James Raby will become famous soon enough
no i meant a thumbs down for me doing it twice!

might have been luck of the draw also, the fuel filters also get a change every 2 yr as a precaution
Old 02-12-12, 05:15 PM   #9
grimmy

Quote:
no i meant a thumbs down for me doing it twice!

might have been luck of the draw also, the fuel filters also get a change every 2 yr as a precaution
Ah okay maybe you never quite managed to get serious air into the system like I did as well
Old 02-12-12, 05:17 PM   #10
scotttait

scotttait is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lucky you