theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 04-12-12, 07:53 AM   #1
littlened

littlened is on a distinguished road
If I stuck the ZS on ebay

Who much roughly do you think it might go for? If I manage to sort the timing issue out.

It's a 2001, 67k mile on the clock, replacement engine obviously. Most of the bodywork is very good, apart from the rear drivers side door, which has some scratches and a dent, and the drivers side door has a few chips out of the paint.

The interior is pretty much spot on, seats are in great condition, half leather with blue inserts.

The engine that went into the car, the belts have been changed at some point, but I don't know when, and the inlet manifold is all working as it should.

Back box is blowing a bit, so could do with replacing.

Will have about 10 months MOT on it and probably 4 months tax.

I'm trying to target £500, but not sure if I'm being over optimistic? Maybe I'd be better selling the inlet manifold and seats + a few other bits to reach £500 and scrapping the rest?

Or maybe I'd be better replacing the back box and the damaged door and aiming a little higher?
littlened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 06:14 PM   #2
pete mufc bowker

pete mufc bowker is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlened View Post
Who much roughly do you think it might go for? If I manage to sort the timing issue out.

It's a 2001, 67k mile on the clock, replacement engine obviously. Most of the bodywork is very good, apart from the rear drivers side door, which has some scratches and a dent, and the drivers side door has a few chips out of the paint.

The interior is pretty much spot on, seats are in great condition, half leather with blue inserts.

The engine that went into the car, the belts have been changed at some point, but I don't know when, and the inlet manifold is all working as it should.

Back box is blowing a bit, so could do with replacing.

Will have about 10 months MOT on it and probably 4 months tax.

I'm trying to target £500, but not sure if I'm being over optimistic? Maybe I'd be better selling the inlet manifold and seats + a few other bits to reach £500 and scrapping the rest?

Or maybe I'd be better replacing the back box and the damaged door and aiming a little higher?
ill take the inlet, mines goosed
Old 05-12-12, 06:41 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Financially - it will make more if you strip it mate.

Romantically - it be a darn shame to take it to pieces and you should try to get her running again...Ad then you can just keep it ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-12, 07:18 PM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
It would be worth more in bits, but you'd still need to sort the engine out to sell it.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 08:18 AM   #5
littlened

It's freezing out there, I hope it warms up for saturday so I can sort this engine out.
Old 06-12-12, 08:21 AM   #6
littlened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Financially - it will make more if you strip it mate.

Romantically - it be a darn shame to take it to pieces and you should try to get her running again...Ad then you can just keep it ....
I don't think I'm keeping it. It'll definitely be going the journey, and if I sort the timing out at the weekend it could be up for sale as early as the weekend.

It would definitely be a shame to strip, because hopefully come the weekend the only thing wrong with it will be a blowing back box, which I think a new one costs about £60.
Old 06-12-12, 09:17 AM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
£500-600 ....

I paid £500 for the Red shed ..... belts done with 10 months tax.
Old 06-12-12, 09:51 AM   #8
littlened

Quote:
£500-600 ....

I paid £500 for the Red shed ..... belts done with 10 months tax.
The belts won't have been done recently, but the belts on the engine have been done at some point, I just don't know when.
Old 06-12-12, 09:57 AM   #9
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlened View Post
The belts won't have been done recently, but the belts on the engine have been done at some point, I just don't know when.
Then without proof, a buyer will look to price that into the cost of the car. Especially if they asked advice on here first !
Old 06-12-12, 10:25 AM   #10
littlened

Quote:
Then without proof, a buyer will look to price that into the cost of the car. Especially if they asked advice on here first !
I suppose it depends if the car sells to an enthusiast or someone that just wants to run it into the ground.

To be honest, I think at £500 it would be a bargain, given that it's got a new clutch, seats are in great condition, bodywork isn't too bad, has 4 months tax and 10 months MOT. It flew through an MOT with an advisory on the handbrake, but that's because the car had been stood around for so long. Also had a brand new caliper on one of the front wheels and new pads.

The cheapest one on autotrader is £695 with a months MOT left and 106k mile on it and it looks like no tax either.