theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 06-11-10, 02:54 PM   #1
S7000EY

S7000EY is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down sad day :(

today i got a call from my girlfriend telling me she has just crashed my car, she was in a line of traffic and was just staying with the flow when the car in front started to turn right then left than slammed on the brakes and my girlfriend hit the back of there car with the front left of my car so we now have a broken front bumper, scratched headlight, creesed and scratched wing and scratched door aswel as a fair bit of damage to the front wheel

going to have to pay up for the car infront aswell so gonna lose my no claim's so more than likely wont be able to insure my car again next year
Old 06-11-10, 03:23 PM   #2
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
no way mate,thats the thing,with the weather changing,darker nights earlier etc,theres always crashes at this time of year,hope its not as bad as it looks,and can be sorted
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 03:26 PM   #3
S7000EY

yea it can be sorted no problem its just cosmetic damage really but my problem is i may not be able 2 insure it next year so may have to sell and buy something boring
Old 06-11-10, 03:26 PM   #4
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear that.... that would be my worst nightmare having to recieve a call like that.

In fairness it wont ever happen as the GF is not allowed (by insurance people) to drive my car - she is also too scared of breaking it
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 04:24 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Hope your girlfriend is ok.

James
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 04:57 PM   #6
S7000EY

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Hope your girlfriend is ok.

James
thanks mate, yea she is fine, just a little shaken up, she has only been driving a year so its her first wee bump lol
Old 06-11-10, 05:05 PM   #7
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Gutted for you mate. Good thing that your other half's OK though. Fingers X'd for next year's insurance. Everyone's costs seem to be rocketing as it is ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 05:38 PM   #8
S7000EY

if i have to sell what sort of price should i be looking for when i have it fixed?

rover 45
2004(54) plate 2.0 td 115 (mk2)
full leather heated fronts
i think it has every extra
ski blue pearl

MGZS skirts
MGZS alloys
MGZS grill
MGZS extream spoiler
MGTF steering wheel

in the last year its had a new clutch, full exhaust system and discs and pads all round
Old 06-11-10, 08:54 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear this, nice car too, glad the girlfriend is okay though, bet she is feeling bad.
Old 06-11-10, 10:39 PM   #10
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Is your insurance high because of the mods or your age?
The 2.0 derv isnt exactly the highest insurance group, and if it was because of the mods then there might be an insurance company that will cover you with them for cheaper, like adrian flux or somewhere