theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 02-03-13, 11:14 AM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by idge2003 View Post
That is a lovely colour and I like the MK2's without the extreme spoiler too!

Its an 06 plate but he says its the lower tax is that right? Also does anyone know how much it went for last time it sold?

Brett
It is right. I looked his car up last night o the dvla site.

1st registered 17th of March 06. The tax hike is for cars registered on or after 23rd of March so it is the lower tax band.

I asked him for a BIN price. He said make and offer. I said ain't doing that as if I offer a grand you say bogg off and that's that, I say £3K and you run off the bank laughing. His response was it's created loads of interest so the figure he's looking for is close to my higher price - ie £3K !

I told him the interest was generated via the various forums and his long list of watchers will be mainly interested parties who are simply wondering what a high miles Mk2 would sell for given that the paint is circa £500 a litre - told him I'd be watching the auction and wished him all the best. Fair enough was his reply.

It'll get removed if it doesn't get him what he paid for it at least.

And - to make myself fell better and to convince myself to keep the money in the bank. It's PINK !

Last edited by Dan1971; 02-03-13 at 12:04 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 11:34 AM   #22
idge2003

idge2003 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for that Dan!

I asked what it went for before as I'm thinking it may get bid up to that point at least so I'd have an idea!

I wouldn't pay £3k for a ZS full stop but one which has done nearly 20k miles a year I say good luck to him whatever colour it is!

Brett
MGF Steering wheel
MGTF LE500 Gear knob
Scorpion Tuner S/S cat-back
Straights in anthracite
idge2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 11:55 AM   #23
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by idge2003 View Post
Thanks for that Dan!

I asked what it went for before as I'm thinking it may get bid up to that point at least so I'd have an idea!

I wouldn't pay £3k for a ZS full stop but one which has done nearly 20k miles a year I say good luck to him whatever colour it is!

Brett
It was on various classic car websites for £1500 as I was gonna go and look at it but it was sold before I had a chance.
If its low still I may bid, but not paying over the odds when I'm looking at mk2's with 32k on them
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 11:57 AM   #24
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C364200

Original sale.
Old 02-03-13, 12:11 PM   #25
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
In this particular case, yes it does because the last zs he flipped had an issue which he concealed.
In that instance then yes be wary if the seller has been dishonest.
Old 02-03-13, 01:24 PM   #26
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
He paid less than £1500 for it I believe, if he's after 3k he's on drugs, rare colour or not.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 01:49 PM   #27
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I bid £601.01 - don't think I'll win - LOL

Last edited by talkingcars; 02-03-13 at 01:55 PM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-13, 02:10 PM   #28
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if the seller will get his mates to shill bid this one like he has before.

Old 02-03-13, 05:27 PM   #29
Skillen

He sais on .org that apparently he didn't realise how much it would cost to insure it.
Old 02-03-13, 05:31 PM   #30
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
He sais on .org that apparently he didn't realise how much it would cost to insure it.
I doubt that's true, he's owned at least 2 mk2 180's prior to this one, the last one he sold because his wife didn't like it apparently.