theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 03-07-13, 08:38 PM   #11
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Sad day Ross but as said car has nearly broke you in many ways.
Really dont see any MG enthuisiast having that kind of mony to spend though,
Truth is most of us buy them as they are so cheap..
I know Dreadnought have been struggling to sell the race ZT for ages,
But do they not have any contacts for you to approach to sell to ?
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 08:55 PM   #12
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Followed the build from a scrap car to a 95% complete touring car.
the thing is, its not anything like a true touring car, its a r400 shell (or as good as a zs) with a nice cage - but does the cage meet fia regs? as the show ZR built by MGR had a cage that did not meet regs and was no good for racing,
a true touring car is massively different to this.

This is essentially a ZS dressed up as a touring car, and not a touring car with a downgraded motor.

Rumour mill has it that the Fiona Legget ZS Touring car could have been bought for as little as 15k (cheaper because it had sustained some damage over time) and the reid (or other straight) ZS could have been had for 30ish-k.
This really puts things in perspective.

The ZS to be competitive needs its money spending first on chassis/suspension, 8-10k would really sort it and keep within regs.

4-5k on a set of forged/mag wheels with a set of tyres - forget single spigot or team dynamics, you need weight loss, not a name.

a serious weight loss programme to get as close to a ton as poss

and last of all, the engine. the nasp v6 should be capable of 300bhp. If you can change the engine within regs, a honda unit nasp could do (1.8) 270bhp or turbo around 700bhp, although its prob only castle combe that would take on such a thing in a series.

Sadly, the ex259 show car doesn't really sit anywhere in a series/championship and furthermore is totally unproven and could easily be outcornered by civic cup cars.

It was was a race leading car and proven in a series/championship, it would have a worth as leading cars command a decent price as long as there is a series to comptete in - sadly the Jack sears trophy for the likes of Chris's Vectra's is strange one when as little as 50k (although 100k+ is more sensible) can buy you a seat in the clio cup, and at least the old nasp clios already have a championship running (this year) where the old cars can retire to, so at least they will keep decent residuals - perhaps more so than the old s2000 cars?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-13, 11:24 PM   #13
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting about my "tarted up Rover 400"

If you don't like the price that's fine. More than that has been spent on it so that's what I want for it. I'd rather set fire to it than give it away.

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 12:02 AM   #14
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
your fair enough there ross as marcus sayed mate sad day,if the funds aint there,then sell up,hope it all works out buddy
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 06:20 AM   #15
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting about my "tarted up Rover 400"

If you don't like the price that's fine. More than that has been spent on it so that's what I want for it. I'd rather set fire to it than give it away.
Hi Ross,
Really hope you get what you are after and a quick sale, i know what its like when you loss all interest in a project and just want it gone so u can move onto the next.

Only bit of advice i could give you if you don't get any bites would be to try and get the motor running, even if its only go a base line map.

I spent best part of 2 yrs trying to sell my last project bike which was 75% done but not running. I had to throw another 1k at it to get the bike running and setup but once it was running it sold in 2 weeks, for more than i had it up for after a couple of blokes started bidding against each other lol.

may have to spread your advert around a few of the magazines thou and why not classic racing mags etc.

Cheers
P.
Old 04-07-13, 06:49 AM   #16
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
may be worth an ad in these two as well?

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/

http://www.motorsportads.com/race-ca...m#.UdUasDusiSp
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:10 AM   #17
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Thanks lads, I'll try those if pistonheads is too quiet.

And I suppose getting it running makes sense, but if I do that I might end up wanting to keep it again

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:31 AM   #18
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
Thanks lads, I'll try those if pistonheads is too quiet.

And I suppose getting it running makes sense, but if I do that I might end up wanting to keep it again
Haha u Sussed me out already lol 😈
Old 04-07-13, 09:12 AM   #19
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Can you not just get it running with normalish stuff the now? Then it at least runs, include all the bigger pipes ect to go with it.
Old 04-07-13, 09:24 AM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Do the car museums buy cars?? Or do they only want donated ones??

Just thinking if they would be interested for their collections.

Haynes, Beaulie, Heritage, etc.

Might be interested in one of the last built, British MG/Rover Touring cars.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mo...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Just a thought Ross.

Good luck with the sale.

Pity we arnt all rich on the Forum and could put in £500 each for our name on the car!!!!