AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-01-08, 08:07 PM   #31
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian zs180 View Post
well i,m well happy got my insurance down to £387 this year with swinton found it on confused.com its alot better than last year at £750 that was with axa . so i renewed today my old policy doesnt run out till next month though but payed today just incase it increases when i come to renew .

Weyhey!!! U can take the missus out for a slap up now....or then again don't tell her and treat the 180 to something nice!!!!

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
markyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-08, 08:14 PM   #32
ian zs180

well ive just bought a new mountain bike mark and that cost a few quid so the money i saved on my insurance i can put towards paying my bike off then agin my car is due a service next month so might just use it for that got a quote for that yesterday £192 all in its the 3rd service
Old 19-01-08, 08:27 PM   #33
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
i pay close to £2000 with elephant to insure my ZS 180 at 18 with 1 ncb and a years drivin experience!!! now thats a friggin miracle! but hey....its only money
i was with elephant and they quoted me 2007 quid
afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-08, 08:30 PM   #34
markyzs180

Quote:
well ive just bought a new mountain bike mark and that cost a few quid so the money i saved on my insurance i can put towards paying my bike off then agin my car is due a service next month so might just use it for that got a quote for that yesterday £192 all in its the 3rd service

know what u mean mate, save it from one place, spend it elsewhere!

have u got the workshop service sheets for the 180? you can make sure the garage is doing everything that mgr said should be done...brake fluid change is one item that springs to mind at 3 years...

Old 19-01-08, 09:29 PM   #35
ian zs180

no mark havent got the mgr service sheets but the aint changing the fluid i no that for sure they said oil and filter change,airfilter,pollen filter and check all the suspension bushes and brakes to make sure they are all ok . Its a place in preston i rang its called signature its advertised on xpf site so take it they deal in mg alot well they said they did on the phone anyway
Old 19-01-08, 09:38 PM   #36
markyzs180

Quote:
no mark havent got the mgr service sheets but the aint changing the fluid i no that for sure they said oil and filter change,airfilter,pollen filter and check all the suspension bushes and brakes to make sure they are all ok . Its a place in preston i rang its called signature its advertised on xpf site so take it they deal in mg alot well they said they did on the phone anyway

My apologies ian (halfway thru a bottle of wine!) brake fluid is 2nd year then every two years...

have a look at this thread...

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=598

gives a basic list of what should be done on each service.

may be worth checking if the brake fluid was done last year, mine wasn't and i'm about to get it done...

will find the link to the service sheets and post it...

Old 20-01-08, 10:19 AM   #37
ian zs180

cheers for that mark sounds about right what there doing on my 3rd service then .