theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 19-01-09, 08:23 PM   #1
John Daniels

John Daniels is on a distinguished road
Question ZS 180 Mk. 1 Saloon bootlid required

Anyone got a bootlid from a Mk. 1 ZS saloon spare, and not too far from the South East? My wife backed it into a 4x4 this evening that somebody had kindly parked in a private unlit drive. Don't need the spoiler, lock, lights, badges or even the plastic number plate mounting insert as they weren't damaged. The only bit I need, apart from the metalwork, is the 'chrome' lock bezel ring as that got broken.

A lid from a 45 or even later 400 saloon will do as I can drill it for the spoiler mountings to suit, as long as there's no rust or anything more than superficial dents.

The car's a Mk.1 4-door 180 in Trophy Blue but any colour will do.

Many thanks

John Daniels
John Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 08:26 PM   #2
afcbadam

afcbadam is on a distinguished road
ebay is a good bet. a couple of tb zs's been broken on there

Regal Autosport Astra GSI Turbo 304 bhp 356 lb/ft

Thorney motorsport Vectra vxr 305bhp 398lbft

Now its time to build a big turbo MG ZS

afcbadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 05:54 PM   #3
martyzs

martyzs is on a distinguished road
Ive got a spare bootlid, its in xpg and has the extreme spoiler holes drilled. It'll just need painting, Its yours if you want it.

Im in southampton but travel over to Bexhill to see my folks every now and again, any good to you?

www.madmarine.co.uk
martyzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 08:48 PM   #4
John Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyzs View Post
Ive got a spare bootlid, its in xpg and has the extreme spoiler holes drilled. It'll just need painting, Its yours if you want it.

Im in southampton but travel over to Bexhill to see my folks every now and again, any good to you?
Cheers Martyzs

I got a good used lid from a P-plate 400 today for £30 in red, so it'll probably be OK once I get a chance to look at it in daylight. I'll have to drill it but that shouldn't be an issue. The only known problem I've got is that my spoiler has one spinning stud so it may have to be ground off, but I can cope with that.

I'll look at the lid I've got and if I find yours may be the better bet then I'll get back to you. I also travel to Southampton from time to time.

Regards

John
Old 20-01-09, 10:31 PM   #5
John Daniels

Smile

Had a bit of a look at the 400 lid, and found it's not such an easy job to mount the spoiler as the inner skin profile is rather different around the side lips, and would have to be cut away around the studs to get a flat surface.

Again not impossible, but I'd like to take you (Martyzs) up on your kind offer if I may, and sell the 400 lid on.

Send me a PM with your contact details (home and folks) and we'll arrange to transfer it over. My next planned trip to the Southampton area (Otterbourne actually but can divert as necessary) is on 6th Feb but I often have to travel to such parts at short notice. Are you heading this way before that, if so I can pick it up from your folks' place? There'll be some beer money in it for you of course.

Kind Regards

John

Tags
bootlid, saloon