theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 17-04-12, 09:34 PM   #1
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
180 Hatchback stainless rear box

As in the title I am probably going to be needing to replace my current rear box as the seam round the edge has started splitting and giving a blow.
I would be after a similar pipe to what I have which is stainless & with a 4" tailpipe.
I'm not going to be after a totally mint box as I would otherwise get one fabricated but due to current situation at home am in need to go the cheaper route towards getting this sorted.
If anyone out there may have something suitable if you could let me know that would be appreciated.

Cheers, Craig.
Craig-ZS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 11:19 PM   #2
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
I think George was advertising one a little while ago although I have a feeling the tailpipe was smaller than 4"
Old 18-04-12, 08:46 PM   #3
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Peanut View Post
I think George was advertising one a little while ago although I have a feeling the tailpipe was smaller than 4"
Cheers for the info Olly. Think it was a sleeved one iirc as I think I looke at it but may well be wrong.
Keeping my eyes peeled anyhow as can't seem to find an older thread that states for a hatch.
Old 18-04-12, 08:51 PM   #4
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
If I am reading the first post right, you already have a stainless back box that is starting to blow?

I thought most Stainless systems came with a "lifetime Garuntee" if so... can you not get them to replace, or fix it free?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 09:09 PM   #5
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
If I am reading the first post right, you already have a stainless back box that is starting to blow?

I thought most Stainless systems came with a "lifetime Garuntee" if so... can you not get them to replace, or fix it free?
Indeed you did read it correctly however I can't do this as I actually bought the current rear box off of someone on eBay roughly 2 years ago which was advertised for a hatch, error there as was off a saloon so had to "trim" the tailpipe so it fit nicely under the bumper.
So technically I didn't have a guarantee & then it was modified to fit so no good on either count with that. Not complaining though as only cost £35 for piper stainless rear at the time lol.
It's the way things usually go where everything has started falling apart at the same time where you have no money in the first place due to other things going on throughout
Old 18-04-12, 09:14 PM   #6
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Ahhh makes sence, can you not perform a temporary repair to be able to put off the cost for a few months or so?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 09:46 PM   #7
Craig-ZS180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Ahhh makes sence, can you not perform a temporary repair to be able to put off the cost for a few months or so?
Was going to attempt that this afternoon but upon closer inspection it's also not sealing well onto the centre section and is putting excess strain on the flange where they join & as I've only just replaced the centre I don't want to have to go through that again. Looks like I should've bitten the bullet & gone for the rather expensive cat back system from one of the suppliers other than thinking it was purely the centre giving issues.