theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 27-11-13, 05:37 PM   #11
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Try here www.europerformance.co.uk

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-13, 05:41 PM   #12
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Go to a custom builder and you'll get a custom cat back for about £400 I reckon.
I got mine custom made, cat back, choose sound, style of box, choose rear pipe too.......Got a full stainless steel system, life gurantee.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-13, 06:51 PM   #13
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
exhaust tuning is a very complex one, not just the headers or stepped headers, primary pipe diameter and length, equal lengths, very important are the much overlooked collectors - a decent on of these will easily set you back 150quid.
Yes, the ZS system is one of the most shocking systems out, the secondary pipe diameters are the same as the final.

Often the most messed about with is the final pipe diameter.
This should ideally be one continuous pipe diameter, not getting larger and smaller, not splitting into two. Why? velocity for one, just think what happens when you take a 2.25" OD dipe and split it into two, what happens to the velocity then?
Even the tailpipe should be the same diameter as the rest of the system if you are tuning for power.

On the other hand, if you are tuning for noise and looks, then a few different size pipes and duplex backboxes will help get you some different noises, but power? No.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-13, 06:54 PM   #14
red robbo

red robbo has a spectacular aura aboutred robbo has a spectacular aura about
I've got a Longlife cat back duplex fitted to my MKII 180. £350 (12 months ago).
Can recommend.
red robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-13, 06:21 PM   #15
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
A bit of digging around has revealed that Janspeed will only build new duplex systems if they get 5 or more orders, Blue Flame who also did a duplex system have gone bust, which pretty much just leaves the custom built option from places like Powerflow, Longlife, etc.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote