theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects > Smokey's site track day car

Old 19-02-12, 09:44 PM   #51
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I'd keep it mate, I struggle to find time but have pushed myself over the last week or two between work, carpc etc!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 05:39 AM   #52
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
how much were those seats? I'm looking for a new set for the Defender and those look comfy!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 06:27 AM   #53
Luti

Luti is on a distinguished road
Not 100% sure I'll be having tracknights this year. Lack of support last year meant it cost us money to organise them.
Old 20-02-12, 08:10 AM   #54
Maxxed_Ross

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
that would be a great shame, Dreadnought nights are always great fun

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 20-02-12, 09:27 AM   #55
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luti View Post
Not 100% sure I'll be having tracknights this year. Lack of support last year meant it cost us money to organise them.
That would be a shame only been to one and it was a great night and think if the original track car hadn't died before last years night there would have been more interest from this site, and with the new car on the go I was intending on coming up to more.
Old 20-02-12, 09:32 AM   #56
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
That's a shame if Dreadnought dont run track night's this year,
as a back up though there is Crail raceway http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/
the drag strip would be good to put cars on an even field 110 v 120 etc:
Knockhill still runs open track nights though.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 10:25 AM   #57
Maxxed_Ross

Crain is quite expensive for what it actually is, and you get bored really quickly. It's ok for a once in a while event though.

I wouldn't touch a hot hatch day at Knockhill. You hardly get any track time, there's far too many cars on the track at the same time that are going round at vastly different speeds and every numpty with an evo seems to come out of the woodwork for them. There's not one event where someone doesn't go off into the gravel, run into someone or end up on their roof.

Private nights are the way to go

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 20-02-12, 10:33 AM   #58
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
I know what your saying Ross, but if Dreadnought dont run a private night then the only option is to try and run one but realistically how many owners would stick a car on track ?
From this site and the ZR forum you would be lucky to get a few and I suppose the people who did the Dreadnought night's must be looking into running something else ?
If Dreadnought are to run the meets again then I guess they need a better show of support.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 12:00 PM   #59
Maxxed_Ross

Track Scotland and the lotus club still run fairly regular meets up there in the same format as the Dreadnought nights... we could try and get an invite to those if nothing else is available.

I was really screwed last year - firstly because the car wasn't ready and it was supposed to be and secondly my work shifts just didn't line up at all. The only track night I was actually home for I took the RB320 out to keep myself sane

www.facebook.com/EX259

Old 20-02-12, 12:09 PM   #60
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I've only done Novice Track driving at Brands, and that was just the 1 hour sessions, about 3 times now.

Found it was very well organised and fun. Didnt want to drive flat out and beat the lap record, just to see how a std. ZS derv went round a track.

Would recommended it to anyone, pity you are so far up north.

I've booked a novice track day outing at Trax, thought fo £30 would be fun to drive round Silverstone. I'll start off at the back and let the 400/500 bhp Jap boys trip over themselves.

As Paul says it costs a lot to put these events on and you must have the support to clear the expenses.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote