theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-02-11, 10:42 PM   #1
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
MG Motor UK

Ok, so this stems from a topic Ive been reading over on .org about someones wishlist that there was an MG SUV (shudder at the thought).
It has been mentioned somewhere along the grapevine that MG have said theyre going to be doing 4 cars in the immediate future, being the MG6 saloon, the MG6 hatch (they count as two cars?!) and the MG3. Now, nobody actually knows what the fourth one is going to be, although there are rumours about a new sports car to replace the TF. Some images for those with short attention spans;

The MG6 hatch/"fastback"

The MG6 saloon

The MG3

My problem with all three of the above is that, although I quite like the design of the front of the cars, I find the sides boring and the rear offensive (I dont mind the saloon too much, I suppose). But this got me googling, and I dug up an article from china car times and another from AROnline from from a while ago talking about rumours of the MG5, based on the roewe 350. And then I came across the renders for it...

The front looks like the MG6 (on the render at least), which is fine by me.

And then the rear

Now, is it just me, or is this actually a damn good looking car?
Give it nicer alloys (the ones on that tein example spring to mind, like the ones on the red fastback above), and for the love of God something more powerful than that 1.8 turbo theyre stewing over, and I would actually be tempted to buy one.

Opinions?