AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts Wanted

Old 09-12-20, 09:56 AM   #1
reaper0709

reaper0709 has a spectacular aura aboutreaper0709 has a spectacular aura about
Induction kit

Hi all,
Before deciding to spend many many pennys for one does anyone have a decent one laying about for sale? Currently have the standard box on my zs 180.
Cheers
reaper0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 08:59 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Which version are you going for?
Old 09-12-20, 09:49 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Whatever way you go spend wisely. No need to spend big on ITG, can be done for a lot less for the same gains.
Old 09-12-20, 10:43 PM   #4
reaper0709

If I can get something decent for a reasonable price, itg, pipercross or something I'd settle for that. Otherwise I'll probably go with something cheaper than 350 quid....
Any recommendations? I shall probably have a search on here when I get a bit of time.
Old 10-12-20, 11:27 AM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I think on here there is a DIY post to get an ITG equivalent by buying parts yourself; not something I've looked into as not got the 180 lol
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 01:51 PM   #6
Street Elite

Street Elite is on a distinguished road
I found a honda itg on ebay and made a few brackets

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 07:36 AM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Worth reading an old stickied thread:

https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=30

If you are handy with tools and knocking up brackets then go custom to save money. I’ve had my BMC CDA fitted for around 14 years give or take. Same gains as the ITG, prior to being the first KV6 to be mapped it ran 192bhp with the BMC, decat and Janspeed system. So to me that was a healthy starting point.
Old 13-12-20, 09:56 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I too fitted a BMC CDA but a little bit differently - I moved the battery to the boot and fitted the filter in its place taking a feed through the gap between the inner wing and the chassis leg. Before fitting the inlet would never cool down after it got hot, after fitting the inlet ran at a constant 5' above ambient in moving traffic, even if that was 35'. Stuck in a traffic jam on the Paris ring road one August it reached 65', even then it dropped to 5' above as soon as we were rolling again.
Old 14-12-20, 08:48 PM   #9
reaper0709

Thanks for all the help, will look at my options when I get some time off work.
I was browsing the dmgrs website yesterday and saw they have a 180 silicone induction hose, would this be worth considering? Could you fit maybe a cheap cone to the end of this and place in inner wing?
I've seen some as cheap as 30 quid, not really sure they'll do the job.
thanks again all
Old 15-12-20, 02:30 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

That hose is a copy of the ITG one. So you could add pipes and have a remote filter. Just make sure it is sited where water ingress isn’t an issue. One of those large ally coffee tins works well as a shield. As for a filter I’d go for a Green conical filter, plenty of options on sizes available from them.