theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-01-12, 05:40 PM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
I have 3. It gets protected this year in October (at 4 years). Claiming would put it back to 1 years NCB.
Hmmm .... I don't then then mate .... I guess it depends on what your premiums are etc £1300 is a lot of money.... Your call.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 05:47 PM   #22
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
if you want I'll forward you the number of the guys that rebuilt the touring car for me, they have since done alot of work on my other halfs Astra at very reasonable rates

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 06:00 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Glad it's sorted but I would question the £3800 quote, the damage doesn't require new panels or welding, even with a full respray of the whole car you should be looking at well under half of that. I would be tempted to go to a couple of other places and get quotes.

At the end of the day it is over the top quotes that is causing everones insurance premiums to go up, if it was a £10k car the insurance company would have paid out!
Old 11-01-12, 06:17 PM   #24
Hambo-180

Hambo-180 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to read about all your hassle with your insurance and here's me txting you about VIS testers! Sorry mate...
Hambo-180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 06:59 PM   #25
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear of all your Hastles Nor, sounds like a nightmare.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 07:03 PM   #26
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
a canny believe they were gonna write it off its got a couple of dings in it,totally shocking tbh,hope you can get it all ironed out nor,as the car was stunning,looks good even with the wee dents in it
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 07:33 PM   #27
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Bit late Nor, but I saw this a few months back, dont if it will help??

Xpart Close call scheme
In the MGCC Sept. Safety Fast mag. was a leaflet from Xpart, said:-

A bodywork and mechanical Write Off avoidance programme for all MG Rover vehicles.

Call 0845 603 4451

The way it works, if you have an accident:-

1) MG Rover vehicle taken to nominated Repairer

2) The Insurance Co./ Vehicle owner receives the estimate from the repairer.

3) The Repairer contacts the Close Call team.

4) The Close Call team review and return revised pricing to the repairer.

5) The Insurer/Vehicle owner decides whether the vehicle is now economical to repair.

6) The Close Call team process the parts order, with agreed pricing.

Thats a quick look at the Xpart idea, says also "There are clear benefits to all parties involved if we can reduce the number of MG Rovers being declared write offs or scrapped. Body or mechanical repairs.

Might help someone if they are hit up the rear.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 12-01-12, 08:10 AM   #28
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Make sure this is not logged as a claim and affects your history. It has been known that a telephone call to enquire about something has been logged as a claim and this can have a knock-on effect if changing insurers as you think you have not claimed and the new insurers see this as withholding information etc.

Still push this along with the ombudsman as this level of practice must be stopped. BTW Admiral are nothing but sharks, have had my fingers burned by them, nice when all's going smooth but when things need actioning they are a bunch of morons.
Old 12-01-12, 08:25 AM   #29
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Make sure this is not logged as a claim and affects your history. It has been known that a telephone call to enquire about something has been logged as a claim and this can have a knock-on effect if changing insurers as you think you have not claimed and the new insurers see this as withholding information etc.

Still push this along with the ombudsman as this level of practice must be stopped. BTW Admiral are nothing but sharks, have had my fingers burned by them, nice when all's going smooth but when things need actioning they are a bunch of morons.
+1 on that one and also make sure they don't log it as an accident either.
Insurance companies can be really hardwork sometimes they make it so difficult to claim or in this case not to claim.
Hope you get it all sorted.
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 08:49 AM   #30
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post

I have used Admiral on and off for ages! Who are you with now Mick? My insurance is up for renewal in March.