theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 19-12-13, 11:29 AM   #161
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Cheers fellas ....

I'm even thinking about getting the belts done .... and I never thought I'd do that ....

The only thing that worries me with doing that, is that right now - it's running absolutely perfectly and I'm concerned that whereever I take it to get it done - they'd feck it up ....

I think I've found balance. The Mrs loves the BM. I really like the BM so when I go out with the Mrs and the boys I'm still driving a cool car that I like - looks good, goes well and they are all happy - and the ZS is absolutely spot on right now.

In fact I'm like .... what next ?

Interior is now absolutely as I'd want it - apart from a steering wheel - want a 45 one again - have one in the shed and gonna probably get it re trimmed ... ££££££. Exterior is nearly bang on. Got a spare set of headlights to go in at some point - maybe tomorrow morning depending on the weather - but after that it might just be time to enjoy it !!!

Last edited by Dan1971; 19-12-13 at 11:35 AM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-13, 12:05 PM   #162
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
For the belts get Russell to come out and he'll do a very good job. He did mine and would use him again. Drop him a line and see what he can do for you. http://www.mgroversolutions.com/
Old 19-12-13, 12:25 PM   #163
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Very nice!
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-13, 01:22 PM   #164
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
For the belts get Russell to come out and he'll do a very good job. He did mine and would use him again. Drop him a line and see what he can do for you. http://www.mgroversolutions.com/
Have been in touch - awaits a response and a quote ...
Old 19-12-13, 01:23 PM   #165
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by POMPSKI View Post
Very nice!
Cheers dude ... I'll keep it nice for you for when you need a V6 back in your life ...
Old 19-12-13, 02:47 PM   #166
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Lovely Dan, your doing a grand job there! I think getting the belts done is a wise choice personally if you are happy with the ZS you have. Hope you get a good quote
Old 19-12-13, 02:57 PM   #167
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Very nice, I do love the despoilered saloon look, especially with that lip spoiler you have!
The MK2s look so much better that way i have to agree.

That does look good, and with the copperleaf red alcantara what a nice place to be. I’d stick a TF Wheel and leather handbrake lever in there next.
Old 19-12-13, 03:20 PM   #168
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
The MK2s look so much better that way i have to agree.

That does look good, and with the copperleaf red alcantara what a nice place to be. I’d stick a TF Wheel and leather handbrake lever in there next.
Not keen to be honest on a TF wheel - like I mentioned, I have a 45 wheel that I might send off to a re-trimmer. Would make it unique and special - but also expensive.

Is the leather handbrake etc a straight fit out of a TF ?
Old 19-12-13, 04:50 PM   #169
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I think Russell is the only mobile that does KV6 belts, MJS will only do them in his workshop in Littlehampton which is a bit of a trip for you Dan.
Old 19-12-13, 07:22 PM   #170
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I know how ya feel............Mine has had all his major bits replaced. New tyres and exhaust last month, treated him to a new clutch. Belts were done two years ago. ive yellowed my interior, so its all like I would have had if I had of bought that new one I always wanted. The wheels refurbed.......

Its hard to work out what else to do...............except just LOVE HIM.....for a car based on a Rover 400, its strange that it manages to dig into us. Like Frank Sinatra said " Ive got you under my skin"

Roll on 2014 so we can all show how much we love our Zeds, at the shows....

just thought Dan, there is one thing you could do....Respray it TY lol..
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote