theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 31-12-14, 04:55 PM   #31
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
ordered this yesterday, probably the best thing anyone wanting to be 'quicker' can do!

Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-15, 08:34 PM   #32
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
lsd and semi slicks are the best track mods by miles.
Old 01-01-15, 10:49 PM   #33
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
I'll be running full slicks.
Old 02-01-15, 04:17 PM   #34
Mark S

slow progress, with only 1 mk2 bumper with bodykit left, we decided its now time to make a fibreglass mould of the bumper bodykit, with another 2 mk2 bumpers with no kit, the fibreglass parts can be added so there are spares.

Gel coat applied, waiting for it to tack off...

Fortunately the rear arms I have are complete with spherical bearings, so none of this nonsense with bushes wearing out after 3 months, this is a skunk2 bush.

Old 02-01-15, 08:52 PM   #35
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
That bush hasn't done well at all!
Is that from track use or (hopefully not) from road use?
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 05:12 PM   #36
Mark S

tyres have been mounted to the rims, 2013 clio michelin slicks, the 2013 tyre was the last of that compound before it was revised with a harder compound for the last 2014 season.

They are well used slicks, but these tyres cost pennies compared to list 1b tyres and in the dry are pretty amazing.

The first time I used these tyres was on a completely standard ZS a few years ago, it was a perfect day (hot) and on the snett 300 circuit the times showed 2.27.5 best, but consistent 2.28 & 2.29's.
It was timed by the TDO and the data came through 2 weeks later, thus circumventing the 'no timing allowed on a track day'!

I thought nothing of those times until I recently analysed data for the snett300 and started to question the 2.27 times, wondering if they had been mixed up with an M3 or something.

The data I studied showed how hard it is for some race cars to beat that time...

Now I don't know if the times from those years ago are incorrect or not, but I do remember the little clio slick being amazing.

In the standard ZS it didn't take long to send them thread bare on the edges, the car had no camber!

The moral of this little story is...

Perhaps the best money spent is in sorting out the geo of the car.

Decent camber adjusters (forgetting the kamikaze crap on ebay) fr & rr will set you back 300+quid.

There is so much more of a gain with some geo and grip than there is in some coilovers and lowering the car.

Anyway, in a few weeks time we should get the car out for a shakedown and if the weather's good, we'll see how these old clio tyres do.
Old 06-01-15, 02:43 PM   #37
Mark S

The front spat is out of the mould, shame to paint it really, weighed in at 186g.

Front bumper painted and curing.

Headlight refinished

No toothpaste or sunfactor 50 has been used in refinishing the headlights!!!

Front end to build up very soon...
Old 06-01-15, 03:25 PM   #38
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
The spat looks lovely, don't paint it!!
Old 06-01-15, 03:38 PM   #39
Mark S

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
The spat looks lovely, don't paint it!!
too late, its primered!!!

Got me thinking, the mk2 boot lip spoilers would look damn sexy in genuine carbon fibre, problem with all that vinyl crap is; it looks just that!
Old 06-01-15, 04:45 PM   #40
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
That is beautiful.
Are you taking orders?
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote