theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 06-01-15, 05:28 PM   #41
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Got me thinking, the mk2 boot lip spoilers would look damn sexy in genuine carbon fibre, problem with all that vinyl crap is; it looks just that!
Yeah they would!
Maybe a worthwhile venture! I'd have one lol.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 04:08 PM   #42
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
getting really close, now, a list of minor things, few of which stop it hitting the circuit very shortly.
Not a mile away from being MOT ready either!

a few grommets need painting to fill the parking sensor holes and front washer holes.

Started on the book, which is very good

Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 04:12 PM   #43
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Mark, do you have a picture of where you mounted the bolts for the aero catches on the bonnet? I've got a set I'd like to fit and have been pondering over where to mount them.
Old 08-01-15, 04:38 PM   #44
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Holes in the back may help it to stop acting like a big parachutey piece of plastic
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 04:43 PM   #45
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Holes in the back may help it to stop acting like a big parachutey piece of plastic
yep, and the lower bumper being cut out too!

Old 08-01-15, 05:43 PM   #46
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
Bonza, cheers Mark!
Old 11-01-15, 04:41 PM   #47
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Looking really cool
Old 12-01-15, 08:11 PM   #48
cjsale

cjsale is on a distinguished road
Hi Mark, nice to see my old project is finally going to get finished and get on the track, god knows how many changes it went through, I even gave it away at one point, then got it back . Good luck with it and hope it brings you success, maybe see you if you are at some of the Cockshoot rounds this year.

Plus it's a long time since I posted on here as well lol...

Last edited by cjsale; 13-01-15 at 01:45 PM.
cjsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-15, 05:23 PM   #49
Mark S

little update;

had been considering a shakedown of the car tomorrow, so this afternoon I got the last major outstanding jobs done:

fitting 2 cheap ebay in car heaters/fans as the car does not have a heated screen and all the heater/fans were stripped out to save weight.
These things appeared to be pretty naff, but I was surprised on a little test run how much heat these actually provide! The fans are useless and it will need some tweaking of the angles to be any use at clearing the screen, and the brackets are utter junk and both broke before they were even fitted, but I was going to brace these anyway as you don't want anything attacking your head when out on circuit.

The car goes OK, its too cold and slippy out and tracktion even in 2nd gear was difficult, but it revs to 7400ish on the rev counter, prob a real 7300 tho.

It blew a fuse as soon as I put the left indicator on, I think its somehow linked to the indicator relay, another job on the snagging list!
Old 29-01-15, 08:57 PM   #50
Mark S

Z & F remapped ecu fitted, from a ZR170 race car

Refusing to pay a packet for a 2-button sparco steering wheel thingy, and noticing how high they position their buttons, I decided to make a couple, and add a couple more buttons which can be used at a later date for data logging or anything else.

Need to drop in some different coloured buttons to help identify whats what, but you get the idea with all red buttons...