theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 26-11-13, 12:11 PM   #1
drroberts490

drroberts490 has a spectacular aura aboutdrroberts490 has a spectacular aura about
The new MK 2

Well I haven't been on here a lot recently as I have just returned from a hot and dusty tour of Afghan. I was looking forward to coming home and firing up the V6 of my MK1 having been off the road for 8 months, however I have been seduced by the good looks of the MK2 and taken the plunge, most of you will know the car previously owned by Dave (POMPSKI) it is a MK2 PBT Saloon in great condition with low mileage.
So I am now a 2 MG family but hopefully not for long as I need to sell on the MK1, I will be sad to see her go as I have had her since new but cannot afford to keep 2! I am hoping to get around the £1000 mark for her, is that aiming a bit high? She has the following spec:

76000 Miles
Red interior pack (Door cards, Gear surround & Dash)
Sheddist Clutch Kit
Alloy Catch tank
Rear electric windows (Tweeters in winder holes)
XPower cat back exhaust
VIS Indicators
Rear Headrests (ZR Fronts)

She has curbing to the alloys (can't blame the wife for all of it) and a few car park dinks but not in bad condition for a 10 year old car, any thoughts welcome guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-11-26 11.13.55.jpg (97.3 KB, 149 views)
drroberts490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-13, 12:28 PM   #2
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
wow, side by side they're like 2 totally different cars ain't they. Can see how you were so easily seduced. Great MK2 that, nicer than my old'un and i'd have rated that in the top 10 MK2's out there.
Old 26-11-13, 01:31 PM   #3
drroberts490

drroberts490 has a spectacular aura aboutdrroberts490 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
wow, side by side they're like 2 totally different cars ain't they. Can see how you were so easily seduced. Great MK2 that, nicer than my old'un and i'd have rated that in the top 10 MK2's out there.
She is in great condition and I intend to keep her that way, I have had to SORN her currently until I have re-homed the MK1. I am seriously considering keeping her as a Spring/Summer car and SORN during the Winter months. I even considered keeping the MK1 as a daily drive during the winter but can't really justify insurance on 2! as much as I would love to keep both!
Old 26-11-13, 01:37 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Welcome home.

Nice car you have there.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-13, 01:47 PM   #5
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Top 10% I meant, not top 10.
Old 26-11-13, 02:20 PM   #6
drroberts490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Welcome home.

Nice car you have there.
Thanks Dan, been home about 3 weeks and already getting under the Wife's feet! A good excuse to spend some time with the car(s). It is breaking me that I can't drive the new one but need to be sensible and wait until the MK1 is sold, she passed her MOT today and the guy in the garage actually inquired if I was selling, he said of all the cars he sees every day he really liked mine, may have to go and see him when she's all cleaned and polished up.
Old 26-11-13, 03:51 PM   #7
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Good luck with the sale - but try giving some-one like Peter best a call, as you might be surprised at low mileage classic prices they offer on the 'modern' MG's.

I have had mine for almost 10 years, picked it up after it was 9months old, and I could not bear to trade up to a MK2 regardless of how much it tempts me at times!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-13, 04:01 PM   #8
POMPSKI

POMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the roughPOMPSKI is a jewel in the rough
Good hands
POMPSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-13, 05:07 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
the black mk2 is very sexy.

I need to sell my mk1 too.
Old 26-11-13, 06:16 PM   #10
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I may be biased, but keep the MK1...........................
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote