theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 27-11-13, 05:17 PM   #21
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The problem with "we buy" and "we want" is that they will give you a price online but when you get there a man with a clip board will note every scratch and blemish and knock £s off the valuation, they hope that you have travelled some distance and are more worried about getting rid of the car than how much you get for it.
Old 27-11-13, 05:17 PM   #22
drroberts490

drroberts490 has a spectacular aura aboutdrroberts490 has a spectacular aura about
A lot of these cars are going for silly money at the moment, I personally think they are worth a lot more but sadly not many people out there willing to pay the money they are worth. Seems to be too many getting broken at the moment, won't be long before they have all but disappeared from our roads.
drroberts490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-13, 05:19 PM   #23
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
It happens to a lot of cars when they reach this sort of age.

You can either price the car to sell and not get what it's worth or price the car for what it is worth and work at achieving it.
Old 27-11-13, 05:20 PM   #24
drroberts490

drroberts490 has a spectacular aura aboutdrroberts490 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
The problem with "we buy" and "we want" is that they will give you a price online but when you get there a man with a clip board will note every scratch and blemish and knock £s off the valuation, they hope that you have travelled some distance and are more worried about getting rid of the car than how much you get for it.
I know what you mean, I only got the valuation out of interest, I would never let her go to one of those vultures
Old 27-11-13, 05:25 PM   #25
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
It's great that zed has found another caring home, its an excellent example in an excellent colour.
Hang out for what price you want for a while, dependant on who is looking there is nothing to say you won't get what you want for it. I certainly am not balking at the price. I got £2700 for mine as did KevG? Fair enough that was between enthusiasts/buyers thatay knew the cars but it all worked out beautifully
Old 27-11-13, 07:25 PM   #26
Steven11

Steven11 has a spectacular aura aboutSteven11 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
But that was plain nuts mate .... you gave that away.
It needs the belts done though. And if im honest the clutch needs attention as well
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-13, 10:38 PM   #27
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Hi could you post up some pictures of the mk1 as im interested or pm the details.thanks
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-13, 09:54 AM   #28
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Think its just that our cars are now 10 years ish old.

To us, they are well worth a few thousand more but to the public at large they are just old bangers.

Not old enough to really get to the Classic Car stage yet, but give it a few more years.

Just have to look at old Mercs, Jags etc. £35 - £50 thousand pounds new, 10 year old £2-£3 thousand. Some of those look nice.

Old 28-11-13, 03:58 PM   #29
drroberts490

Quote:
Originally Posted by drroberts490 View Post
Thanks for all the comments guys, appreciate it.
I done some online quotes for my MK1 last night................................ £260 from 'We buy any car', now I know they are not worth a lot these days but £260 is shocking, that must be pretty much scrap value!
'We want any car' came in slightly better with £449. Hopefully I will be able to sell her privately to someone who will appreciate it.
Have some work to do on her first though, had to put about a litre of coolant in her before I started her for the first time in 8 months, could this be evaporation? Never lost coolant like that before. Also noticed one of my VIS motors is sticking, whatever the right hand LED is on the indicator, can't remember?????
Noticed she had a bit of dry coolant around the Thermostat this morning so looks like that is the cause of the missing coolant! Never done a thermostat change before but want to get it done before I sell her on. Also she was idling erratically but gave the Idle Control Valve a good clean with some Meths and that seems to have done the trick. Ironically took her for a spin and the VIS's were behaving perfectly! Just the right green LED sticks on every now and again, is this the Balance Motor(the one that controls the rod)?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowthruster View Post
Hi could you post up some pictures of the mk1 as im interested or pm the details.thanks
Gonna give her a good wash and polish at the weekend and will then post some pics, would be great to sell her to a fellow enthusiast and forum member.
Old 28-11-13, 04:17 PM   #30
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Ok no problem,missing my mg which died.....Bored already with my st170.Just aint the same
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote