theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-02-08, 10:22 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Talking A productive week ahead?

Some of my bits arrived today...................blue silicon hoses for the BMC CDA, breather hose and breather filter to replace the OE one.

Also got a neat little shiftlight as well, hopefully this will inspire me into doing some more track days later on.

Picking my newly refurbed wheels up this week, so will be busy getting the tyres refitted hopefully.

All this will raise my spirits somewhat and look forward to having her back on the black stuff where it belongs

Pictures will follow when she's all fit and proper shiney!
Old 13-02-08, 10:23 PM   #2
john180

john180 will become famous soon enough
looking forward to seeing the pics mate! bet you cant wait now.
Old 13-02-08, 10:33 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
No I can't wait!

I'll be taking a couple of pictures as it looks now..................very sad, no wheels and plastic bags over the discs! No front bumper etc...........

Then the 'after shots'
Old 14-02-08, 08:31 AM   #4
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Nice one Mick I have yet to see your ZS since the Open Day last year.......now it has no plenum death rattle and I can imagine it is going to look fantastic and fresh now

Jim
Old 14-02-08, 12:49 PM   #5
Fez

Fez is on a distinguished road
That will be good news. I am sure you bank balance won't be so happy after its all done.
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-08, 04:30 PM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
Nice one Mick I have yet to see your ZS since the Open Day last year.......now it has no plenum death rattle and I can imagine it is going to look fantastic and fresh now

Jim
Erm..............started her up this afternoon after fitting the induction hoses and the ******* rattle is back! I am somewhat pissed off, but I shall be removing the VIS valve and have a waggle of the actuator arm to see if there is anything untoward.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to get my **** together and get that plenum assembly sorted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez View Post
That will be good news. I am sure you bank balance won't be so happy after its all done.
Bank balance, well that's never happy .................however, the hoses and breather only cost £28, shiftlight was £39 and the newly powder coated rims didn't cost me a penny
Old 14-02-08, 07:41 PM   #7
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
******* hell bud!!!!! I am sorry I seem to have done a Murray Walker and cursed it!

Apologies bud!

You sure it is not the purge valve clacking up and down like a *******??? Unplug it and see if it stops.........hopefully the noise will cease and you find it is one hell of a noisey purge valve same as mine. My car sounds very noisey and that is with a brand new plenum......all because of the purge valve.

Jim
Old 14-02-08, 08:30 PM   #8
Fez

Fez is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Bank balance, well that's never happy .................however, the hoses and breather only cost £28, shiftlight was £39 and the newly powder coated rims didn't cost me a penny
Sound like the powder coating company I need mine are a right mess.
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-08, 09:12 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
******* hell bud!!!!! I am sorry I seem to have done a Murray Walker and cursed it!

Apologies bud!

You sure it is not the purge valve clacking up and down like a *******??? Unplug it and see if it stops.........hopefully the noise will cease and you find it is one hell of a noisey purge valve same as mine. My car sounds very noisey and that is with a brand new plenum......all because of the purge valve.

Jim
Defo not the purge valve, that was evident on the first start up last weekend, I unplugged it and all was quiet, this is something more worrying!
Old 14-02-08, 09:14 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez View Post
Sound like the powder coating company I need mine are a right mess.
Why's that Fez?

The company that did mine actually supply alot of parts for my machine building, so did it as a thankyou. They are very good at what they do and take pride in their work.