Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-11, 08:46 PM   #12
daveronimo

daveronimo is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the helpful comment.
Old 01-04-11, 12:38 AM   #13
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
If you have the history to back up the belts being done, and regular servicing, along with the car being in excellent condition as it looks and sounds, you should be alright with a price of ?3k. "What car" values it at ?2600- if you take into account the work it's had done to it, especially that killer cam belt change, I think ?3000 is a fair price for you and a buyer.

When we take other people's word for the market and allow our cars to sell for far below what they are worth, we are part of the problem we bitch about. Not being naive, I'm fully aware that now is a bad time to sell for ZS owners. However, everyone on this forum knows how good these cars are, and those "ZS virgin" buyers who do their homework will know this. They will buy the cars for a stupid price if you sell it to them for one.

This car from a book is worth ?2600, but that figure should be adjusted obviously- a car with dings and dents, belts never changed, kerbed wheels, poor tyre tread, poor service history etc can make a big difference to the cars real value.

So advertise the car and see what interest you get. It may take time to find that buyer, but they will come if the car is what you say it is. There are people, such as myself, that pay more for clean examples, and even though it's tiny, there is still a market for ZS's.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 06:32 AM   #14
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
when I was looking for a ZS180 a few weeks ago I was offered a MK2 saloon in Firefrost red 46,000 miles for ?2695...... at a dealers.... and this is a dealer that knows exactly what they are , loves them and drives one himself..... only problem was.... the belts needed doing ( on age , it was a 2004 ) and he wouldnt have them done in that price....
I think that makes yours good value at ?3150...... its just finding a buyer that doesnt mind the high insurance costs and the crazy fuel prices in this unstable job market
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 08:44 AM   #15
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
Way Overpriced Still

sorry it wont sell quick at that price

bob
At ?625 more than what you asked for yours, I really cannot see where your mind dug up the thought it is way overpriced still?!?!
Old 01-04-11, 08:51 AM   #16
archermav

archermav is on a distinguished road
Surely price is more dependant on how quickly you want to sell something? Keenly priced cars seem to shift on quite well, this one I feel is at the top end of the price range. I haven't seen it so cannot comment on its condition, but if the seller isn't in a rush to sell, then he can ask whatever he wants for it. I dislike selling cars so usually let em go on the cheaper end, just to shift em on. For the sake of a few quid, I can't be bothered with the hassle.
IMHO, and only my opinion, to shift this car on, I reckon ?2500 is about its money. However, its not my car, so he can ask whatever he wants for it, and good luck to him.
He may get the asking price, just will take a little longer.
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:19 AM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Its the old story, "you get what you pay for", any one that's done their homework will know its ?600 to ?900, for a belt change.

Plus the overall condition of the car, bangs, dents, tyres all make a lot of difference. I would pay a lot more for a decent, tidy, up together sample, over ones that's had a hard life.

The advert will sell the car, plenty of photos and a history of the service, well worth waiting for the right buyer.

Old 01-04-11, 10:22 PM   #18
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Nice 180!! Should shift that easy enough.

Its not way overpriced. Not very nice when people try and tell you what your cars worth on a forsale thread ...oh well, Good luck with the sale.
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 12:32 AM   #19
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
been well looked after and had a fair whack of work done recently so no reason it shouldnt sell to the right buyer
Old 02-04-11, 10:05 AM   #20
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
At ?625 more than what you asked for yours, I really cannot see where your mind dug up the thought it is way overpriced still?!?!
well he still has it so doesnt that say something>???

I only got any interest in mine when i lowered it to stupid money

everybody just sees these cars as Rovers

Anyways just my oppinion

Bob
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote