theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-12, 12:48 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Pile up prevents me having dinner.

The better half got home yesterday and decided she wanted to go to town for dinner, unfortunately we ended up skipping dinner altogether.

We were driving to town and stopped at traffic lights,2 lanes in both directions, when I here her scream 'oh my god' whilst looking in the rear view mirror. I go to turn round to see whats going on, when I hear a screech to tyres and then we are hit from behind. Initially I though we had been hit from the passenger side but turns out it was on the passenger side of the rear bumper.

I had no idea what had happened, got out to find an Audi A3 facing the opposite way up the road with broken windows, bits of trim sticking out its rear tyre, which was bend outwards and dents on all sides. A VW polo further up the road with the bumper radiator and headlights torn off, pi$$ing coolant all over the road.

After speaking to a witness it turns out she had flashed the polo who was wanting to turn right. Whilst crossing the two lanes the driver had collided with an Audi A3 that must have been flying up the inside lane. The Audi then swerved up the pavement hit a wall and skidded across the road and in to the back of us. Tried to take some photos at the scene to make sure we have records of it.

Put together a diagram whilst its fresh in the mind for the insurance company should they require it. Written off a few cars in my time but never had to tell the insurance company so not sure how it all goes.

Had police, paramedic and the fire brigade at the scene so everything in on record.

Suffering from some neck, shoulder and back pain. Think where I went to turn around as the Audi hit us I was at a strange angle. Managed to catch my eye on something so got some bruising around my eye. The gf has similar neck and back pain but on the whole we are both ok, could have been alot worse.

The car is in abit of a mess, was picked up and taken off to be assessed yesterday. Its the crease in the boot floor that makes me think they will probably right it off.

Got to say Admiral have been brilliant so far, she had a 61 plate Corsa dropped out at 8:30 this morning as a courtesy car, which she is very happy with.

The only thing I'm worried about is the Driver of the Audi wasn't the owner so hope he was covered. Although having spoken to Admiral they were under the impression it would come out of the Polos insurance.

Anyway never did get to eat anything.

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 07-07-12 at 12:54 PM.
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote