AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-08-11, 10:12 AM   #11
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Saloon View Post
Rear elec windows, fogs and headrests were all deffo options. Mine was a standard "+" apart from option of TB paint.
You're possibly right about optional equipment cause mine also has factory fitted phillips carin navigation system, and i recon xpg paintjob was optional as well... but I have steering on the wrong side, so it may be different levels of equipment for export market at the time...
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-11, 10:28 AM   #12
Zippy Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsserbia View Post
but I have steering on the wrong side, so it may be different levels of equipment for export market at the time...
You could well be right there, mate.

Price lists from Oct 2002 (just after I bought mine):

Last edited by Zippy Saloon; 19-08-11 at 11:12 AM.
Old 19-08-11, 10:59 AM   #13
zsserbia

Thanks for the price list post, it really says it all. No wonder 180 used to cost 40.000 USD in the States...

Funny how you should pay 50 more to get a space saver spare wheel though...
Old 19-08-11, 11:11 AM   #14
Zippy Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsserbia View Post

Funny how you should pay 50 more to get a space saver spare wheel though...
I assume thats to have it instead of the "repair in a can" and compressor. AFAIK no Zeds had a full size spare as one doesn't fit in well in boot.
Old 19-08-11, 11:30 AM   #15
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I assume thats to have it instead of the "repair in a can" and compressor. AFAIK no Zeds had a full size spare as one doesn't fit in well in boot.
Can't remember the size exactly (obviously not 17s) but my mk2 had a full size steel wheel and wasn't a space saver. At the time I also had a mk1 ZS and swapped the space saver from the mk1 to the mk2 before I sold the mk1. So my current mk2 has a space saver in it for weight save
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-11, 11:39 AM   #16
zsserbia

Quote:
You're right but IMO no one should pay extra just to get a spare wheel of any kind, they better include it in the price and give away the repair kit so you have it if you don't want to get your hands dirty... Some car magazine has conducted a research how much it really cost to produce a modern car and they came up with a result that BMW 3 series in stock equipment costs around 3500 euros to produce, and retail prices are from 28000 and up so 8 times the production. Most in between are taxes, profits, transport, other costs until you actually sell it, VAT, endless costs all paid by the buyer... So additional equipment costs ridiculous, especially things like DVD players, sat navs, usually cheaper to install an aftermarket one... In the end, buying a domestic car you support your government very much indeed, buying fuel for the car you support it even more...
Old 19-08-11, 11:51 AM   #17
Stuart

Stuart is on a distinguished road
My ZS always made me laugh, keep fit windows but an electric sunroof and mirrors, always seemed a bit strange!
Old 19-08-11, 11:51 AM   #18
Zippy Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
Can't remember the size exactly (obviously not 17s) but my mk2 had a full size steel wheel and wasn't a space saver. At the time I also had a mk1 ZS and swapped the space saver from the mk1 to the mk2 before I sold the mk1. So my current mk2 has a space saver in it for weight save
I put a full size in my ZS when I first had it but had to make a false floor as it didn't fit in the well (that was a 16" Hairpin), went back to a spacesaver a couple of years ago.
Old 19-08-11, 12:39 PM   #19
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
The space saver doesn't fit over the bigger brakes on the front of the 180.

My came with the space saver and no pump, it is a 1 previous owner early mk1 and I suspect the P/O wasn't the sort who messed around with things.

My wifes 02 ZR came with a pump and no spare wheel.
Our '99 MGF came with a full size steel spare and a pump.
Old 19-08-11, 10:10 PM   #20
Blade9274

Blade9274 is on a distinguished road
I found out that the space saver don't fit the front the hard way lol, pot hole exploded my front tyre, pissing down with rain, fitted it and when I went to drive off the noise of metal rubbing! First I thought the pot hole had broke something else,
Then noticed the red paint off my calliper on the inside of the space saver, so got even more bloody wet putting blown tyre on front, taking rear wheel off to put the space saver to put the rear wheel on the front!
Was a complete bloody nightmare lol
Blade9274 is offline   Reply With Quote