AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 13-04-12, 08:16 PM   #1
gary471

gary471 is on a distinguished road
help/advice needed

Hi guys im hoping for some usefull ideas of stuff i can do to my mk2 zs180
its already got sports cat, centre section & duplex exhaust, huge itg maxogen, tinted windows and some subtle graphics. also got a second set of alloys im spraying green for track days/shows (undecided yet)
Thinking de-cat, straight through centre section. not got huge money to play with at the mo, little by little will be the way. thinking of painting engine cover and possibly getting a 3rd set of alloys and doing them gold. not sure lol
Im after constructive feedback, subtle mods not in yer face ones lol
Ideas welcome
gary471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 08:25 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Think I've read that a lightened flywheel is one of the best mods, OK if you need a new clutch, but a bit pricey.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 08:38 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
What are you after? Performance, handling, ICE and/or looks?

Lighweight flywheel is cheaper than an OE clutch.
Old 13-04-12, 08:41 PM   #4
gary471

Mite go down the flywheel route, got a type b torsion diff to go in, clutch needs changing anyhow,
After a real nice motor that turns heads. I'm happy with it the way it is but I'm always after more lol
Old 13-04-12, 08:41 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary471 View Post
Mite go down the flywheel route, got a type b torsion diff to go in, clutch needs changing anyhow,
After a real nice motor that turns heads. I'm happy with it the way it is but I'm always after more lol
no-brainer then, might as well and fit new bolts, job done.
Old 13-04-12, 08:43 PM   #6
gary471

I could go down the route of coilovers, cams etc but too much money at the minute. Got a 220 engine sat in my garage that I'm wanting rid of, was going to do conversion but lost interest, and I'd miss the v6, such a sweet sound lol
Old 13-04-12, 08:45 PM   #7
gary471

New bolts? Flywheel bolts you mean? Can you get updated ones for the v6? I know you can get arp ones for t16
Old 13-04-12, 08:48 PM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

Coilovers and cams are only good if you intend to track it often. Cams are expensive, verniers unobtainable and you only feel their worth when up high in the rev range. Coilovers for an everyday car is only good if you want a lower than lowering spring look. They really need adjustable arms/links as well to bring the geometry back to avoid premature wear on your tyres.
Old 13-04-12, 08:50 PM   #9
welshone

welshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nicewelshone is just really nice
<<<LINK>>>
MG ZS 180 Saloon Starlight Silver - 2003 Current

MG ZS TD Saloon XPower Grey 2004 Gone
MG ZS 180 Saloon Trophy Blue 2003 Gone
Rover BRM Gone
welshone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-12, 08:52 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary471 View Post
New bolts? Flywheel bolts you mean? Can you get updated ones for the v6? I know you can get arp ones for t16
Yea, new flywheel bolts, always best to do when changing over. Bought mine from QED.