Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-10, 08:53 PM   #31
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
That sounds hopeful Where did you see it?
At RSM. He bought my engine, gearbox and manifolds off me
Old 07-01-10, 08:57 PM   #32
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Ah was it your manifold that was on ebay the other week?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 07-01-10, 09:06 PM   #33
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Ah was it your manifold that was on ebay the other week?
Dunno? Might've been? I sold them to him, who knows what he did with it
Old 07-01-10, 09:54 PM   #34
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
anybody who wants to know anything about RSM can ask me rather than post things on here about dont hold your hopes up etc.

while this car has been delayed due to moves, and units etc(out of rsm control) its well on its way and will be finished shortly

but as i said earlier in this post,please dont start making things up or spreading things that arnt quite true, its pointless and creates a issue out of nothing.

since joining this forum, iv not seen any posts like this other than in this one, in the past and present i am friends with Gmac. but dont post about it and dont want to get involved it is uneeded. after speaking with George tonight there will be futher pics of this next week!!

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 07-01-10 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-01-10, 06:50 AM   #35
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
That sounds good Ross
By the sounds of it, its been a hard year for G. He had alot of Issues to deal with this year with moving problems, the decease of a close family members etc.. Deserves a break!

Cant wait to hear that V6 with tbs!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 08-01-10, 08:24 AM   #36
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
last time I saw the car it was looking nearly finished, they are impressive looking bits of kit!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Old 08-01-10, 12:46 PM   #37
Murray203ps
Site Supporter

Murray203ps is on a distinguished road
Really looking forward to seeing and hearing this car. Am really gutted that nothing came along like this when i still owned the Hot Wheels MG. Searched high and low to get some ex-BTCC bits.

0-60 6.3secs 1/4 mile 14.7@92.5mph
Old 08-01-10, 04:14 PM   #38
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
i dont think talking cars was saying about rsm, i think he was saying wouldnt hold your hopes up from hearing from him because he hadnt been online
Old 09-01-10, 11:24 AM   #39
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I was saying that you are unlikly to hear from Steve as he hasn't been on for a while.

I was also suggesting that progress on the car is likely to have been slowed as RSM been closed by the owner reopened as a different company and has moved twice since the first post in this thread.

The company change and 2 moves are fact, Steves last visit was a fact at time of posting, everything else is are resonable assumptions based on these facts.
Old 09-01-10, 12:14 PM   #40
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
230+ I would say is possible if using 285 cams as they can give up to 40bhp, throttle bodies with a DTA, why not? QED can spec over 300 depending on pocket depth. But then who would actually spend that much?
power gain?.....this is the million dollar question and imo it will be negligible over what the car already had, 270 cams and full breathing mods mapped always make between 205-210 bhp.
QED made 230 on their trackday 2.5 kv6 engine with t.b's, 285 cams, dta etc but thats not the full story, they were making that power at 7600 rpm's and over iirc, thats real power proven on an engine dyno not an optomistic rolling road guesstimate.
270 cams power band ends at 6700 rpm's so you wont gain anything even if you up the rev limit as i did some years back.
I wonder if the plenum with vis removed and mapped with dta could even make the same power....at just 210 ish bhp the plenum may not even be a restriction.
The throttle bodies are just 1 piece of a thouasnd piece jigsaw that is the btcc engine and its just impossible for them to give big gains on their own.
Interesting project but the true cost makes it irrelevant as no one will ever do it again.
Throw in some more parts and will turn into something very nice but then unless your cars a track car it will start to have poor road manners.
I wonder if it will even need a "friendly" mot place to pass it as it stands now.lol

Dave
Closed Thread