Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-13, 01:53 PM   #1
m1cha3l2013

m1cha3l2013 is on a distinguished road
My ZS saloon - Trophy Blue project

Hi every one

Ive owned this car about a month now, Ive only just got the registration documents through, Ive sent them off again now as I'm putting my private reg on the car that was kindly bought for me for my 21st, now 28!

I wanted to do a project thread on the car as I will be changing little things here and there, Ive already started so thought Id start documenting them.

So the car is a 1.8 120 saloon in Trophy Blue, 81,000 miles, full service history, head gasket replaced with uprated one, cambelt and water pump also replaced, along with the usual brake pads etc before I bought it.

I paid £1000 for the car. bought it from a nice chap in York who was an MG/Rover mechanic for 11 years hence why it has been so well maintained and looks the way it does.

These are the 3 pictures from the Ebay advert, not much to go on, no interior or engine bay pics, but after an hour long conversation with the guy over the phone, I was convinced it was a mint car, and it is!

The Ebay pics:

The car was on White wheels but the owner did say the car will be sold with Silver wheels as he wanted to keep the White's...fair enough, I prefer the Silver.

A week later he kindly delivered the car to my door for me, and I was straight on with the mods, first thing was LED number plate bulbs:

New front and rear badges:

I didn't like the Orange in the front indicators, so searched for some clear ones from a Rover and Ebay came good as usual:

Was a pain to fit to be honest but glad Ive done it because I think its changed the front end for the better.

The bulbs were Yellow and made the car look older so Ive replaced them, the new ones give off a White with Bluish tint and really updates them

I've got LED sidelight bulbs also but haven't fitted them yet

The next thing I tackled was the brake calipers and hubs, I like things to look tidy behind the wheels, the entire underneath of the car will be done in the same way, striped back and painted, no process pics, just after, has really smartened the car up.

All four arches have also been repainted, it look new under there

That's about it for now, have just given the car a small detail, week after next the paint will be getting corrected and next Tuesday a new back box is being fitted, also need to get the wheels refurbished as they have kerb marks etc.

Here is the car as it stands on my drive today; EXTERIOR

Inside fuel cap:

INTERIOR

ENGINE:

I will keep this updated I promise :-)

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Michael.
m1cha3l2013 is offline   Reply With Quote