theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 07-04-13, 08:28 PM   #31
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Nice bike! Makes me want to get my Kawasaki out but it's still Sorned thanks to this lovely weather and my back problems. Covered 8000 miles in the first 2 years and now it hasn't even been fired up since October
Old 07-04-13, 08:30 PM   #32
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
You may need to strip the sticking caliper and either new seal kit or rebuild using red rubber lube. The 6 pots on the front can be a ****** for it also. I had a brand new pair but they sat for a while and had to strip and lube the seals twice on one side before the pistons worked properly :-/

P.
Ive got lucky with the front Paul as they seem fine & working well
last owner musta hardly used rear as thats whats giving me the problem
I tried to bleed the rear again today but no luck so stripped them and looks like the seals are shot & had rust furring on back of pistons..
dodgy heavy coating of Blue paint on front & rear brakes so kinda tempted to fully strip and repaint but dont quite feel brave enough so might send them off to be done properly for peace of mind.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 05:35 PM   #33
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKYDEVIL View Post
Ive got lucky with the front Paul as they seem fine & working well
last owner musta hardly used rear as thats whats giving me the problem
I tried to bleed the rear again today but no luck so stripped them and looks like the seals are shot & had rust furring on back of pistons..
dodgy heavy coating of Blue paint on front & rear brakes so kinda tempted to fully strip and repaint but dont quite feel brave enough so might send them off to be done properly for peace of mind.
Tbh Marcus there ain't much to a caliper bar a couple of seals in each piston socket and a couple between each side of the caliper. If they are already free then pistons should come straight out.
Just watch what you clean them with and don't i repeat don't use metal faced pliers to pull the pistons out! if you damage the face then it will need replacing. Plenty of spares / seal kits on ebay. Think i paid around £70 odd for both sides last time (Genuine not pattern seals)

an absolute must is to use red rubber grease on the seals / pistons when re assembly.

I used a parts washer then banged them thru the dishwasher. they came out dry. Sprayed them up straight away and avoided getting finger prints on them by hooking them out the dish washer with a wire that i used to hang them straight up with.

cheers
Paul

a few previous trophies :-)

Full strip down and rebuild / tune. Out accelerated J's Crescent rep :-)

Before it got stripped for track / upgraded to 130rwhp and still is the best bike i have owned!

1000k1 total track bike. Bought it from J, stripped / Repaired!!!lol / upgraded . 165ish rwhp and weighed next to t-bag. fecking thing wheeled down most of donnington start finish straight first time it went to track. Proper gixer bad boy :-)
Old 17-04-13, 06:23 PM   #34
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Amazing machines there Paul, proper Poo in the pants stuff !!
Gave up on DIY calliper refurb as I want them to look great, so removed offending items and sent off to be stripped,rebuilt and painted
By http://www.briteworx.co.uk/ [IMG][/IMG]
Also looking into refurbing the Ohshit Ohlins shock that is just a Showa unit that is also painted badly with Ohlins stickers, would love to upgrade but gonna have to look at that option further down the line [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Got an Ape Manual cam chain tensioner to fit at the weekend, nowt wrong with the standard unit but Ive got it stripped this far so thought it a good precaution mod,
Watched plenty of youtube videos for How to, and feel confident enough to not feck it up.
Old 13-05-13, 08:03 PM   #35
BUCKYDEVIL

Been stuck in the doldrums with the project as brakes had been sent away and cost of them wiped me out for the month, happy with the results though as they look and now fitted perform as new or better with upgraded pads..
Seems weird modding the ZS to go faster but modding the Bike to stop quicker.. Ha !!
Pretty much just waiting for Fairings to come back from paint guy.
Old 14-05-13, 09:42 AM   #36
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Nearest I got to motorbikes is adjusting the chain on the grand sons Honda 125, he has just sold that!!!

But can see the attraction, Paul's pics makes you want to jump on one and take it round the track.

Have fun re-building your one, Buckydevil.

Must admit I do look out for bikes and move over for them, 99% give a little wave in recognition.

Waiting for the finished photos, soon as the fairings are back and fitted.

Old 14-05-13, 11:51 AM   #37
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Gsxr 750

For the £££/ fun factor there ain't much that comes near them but its very very easy to get beyond your abilities and in a world of pain :-/

Still have one in a heart beat but none hyper sports if road riding, to damm fast and u can't help opening it up lol!
Old 24-06-13, 10:56 PM   #38
BUCKYDEVIL

Been busy with work lately & project got delayed a little longer than I was hoping for but heyho!! need to work hard to play hard.

Got rid of the old Orrible shock that was in & replaced with a nice unit that would look the dugs danglies as an ornament, my Mrs would have none of it so it's now neatly in place.
[IMG][/IMG]
Got plastics all back from paint dude so fitted flush indicators and chucked it all back together again, quite happy with the results but still to go back to said paint dude for buff & polish before I can apply my decals then it's MOT and jobs a Goodyin !!
Nearly there--
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 24-06-13, 11:06 PM   #39
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
cool mate that looks funny without the decals,i know nothing about bikes,but you know your stuff as you used to be into them,am sure it will look fine just as the zs has turned out mate
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-13, 02:40 AM   #40
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I'd be tempted to leave it naked like that, it looks fantastic!

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote